TWENTY FOUR

penelope

i wake up and widen my eyes when i don't recognize my surroundings. the large room, floor to ceiling windows that are covered by the motorized window blinds. the grey duvet. where the hell am i?

then i smell the faint scent of tobacco vanille. trevor. i turn slightly and see his naked back face up on the bed, his face is turned away from me. his arms outstretched above him, curling around the pillow.

i look around the room and try to mentally gather my things up. my bra is hanging on trevor's lamp in the corner of the room. really classy. as the dam in my head breaks and memories come flooding in, i start to feel extremely anxious.

"shit," i whisper, searching for my phone. i pull up the uber app and quietly remove myself from trevor's bed, careful not to wake him up. he stirs in his sleep and i cringe, hoping i won't have to face him.

as i'm slipping my underwear back on, ready to press the button to request an uber i hear the voice i was really hoping not to hear this morning.

"p?" his voice is deep and husky.

"fuck." i whisper to myself, dropping my phone in the meantime. i really hope that didn't crack.

trevor smirks at me from bed and only then do i realize i'm still mostly naked. i search for the nearest article of clothing, picking up trevor's t-shirt off the floor and slipping it over my head.

"you were going to sneak out." he says, smirking and quirking an eyebrow.

i blush. "i was trying to save myself from the embarrassment."

he scoffs. "oh penelope, you're not embarrassed. don't lie to your husband."

i giggle. it shouldn't be embarrassing considering the amount of times trevor and i have hooked up by this point but it's the situation. we haven't talked in two months and instead of letting him say what he's feeling i manically decide he should, if i remember correctly, fuck the silence out of me.

he surely did too.

"are you going to let me talk or are you going to jump my bones you sex maniac?" trevor teases, sitting up in bed.

i throw his boxers at him, hitting him in the face. "put some pants on then we'll talk."

he doesn't hesitate or argue and once he's got his boxers back on, he's back to sitting in the position he was in before. he stares me down for the second time this morning. i'm feeling ungodly exposed.

"what?" i blush.

he shakes his head. "nothing,"

"no it's something," i cross my arms.

"you're just standing there in my t-shirt, at the end of my bed, your hair all messed up like you've been in a guns n' roses music video." trevor bites his lip softly.

"you're so poetic," i playfully roll my eyes as he holds up one side of the duvet. i raise my eyebrows.

"get in," he waves me over. "it's time to talk."

i oblige but i'm not admitting to trevor that it was happily. i climb into bed next to him, on his side. the sheets are warm from where he was laying, he's got his arm stretched out for me and when i lay down and get comfortable, he's cocooning the fluffy duvet around me and squeezing his other arm around my waist. our noses brush and i can't help but giggle.