chapter eight, 008

NUNYA

NUNYA.
KALANI EVELYN CARTER
sugar hill , harlem ny .
6:30 pm.
excuse mistakes myloves.

KALANI TWIRLED AROUND IN her brothers office chair, her bored out of her mind. everyone was busy. even though she strongly doubted it. maybe they went all back to hating her.

she hasn't heard from tyler in about 2 days, he had upped and left. not leaving a note or anything. did kalani chase him? hell no. she knew better not too. it would only make her look dumb in the end.

her phone rung, making her pic it up. the caller id read 'jaylina'. holding back a eye roll, she answered the call. kalani unblocked jay, not even a hour ago and already jay was back to spamming her phone.

siyani and the girl still hadn't made up, not that kalani cared. plus siyani found another girl, a girl he was really interested in.

"hello?" she blankly said, staring at her nails. "oh you finally wanna unblock me? i've been callin ya ass for days bro!"

"whatchu need?" kalani asked, ignoring everything she said. jay huffed "i jus seen siyani hugged up with some broad on his story. did you kno?"

kalani thought about it, tell her & get into some dumb argument or lie & let her find out about it. shrugging she chose the best decision.

"of course i knew. he told me. i even met the girl, really sweet and pretty." kalani smiled. siyani had introduced kalani and KAMRYN to each other at siyani's house. kalani was only there to get her portable charger she left, while accidentally running into the girl.

jay scoffed. "prettier then me?"

kalani hummed, pursing her lips. "uhh..."

"kalani! your suppose to lie & say no!"

"i'm trying this thing where i don't lie."

"look help me get him back!"

"no." she simply said before hanging up, placing her phone back on the desk carefully. it wasn't her problem.

kalani stood up, her bones popping as she did so. it felt like she was sitting down for hours.

"ms.carter, you have a visitor." one of her brother's employees stated, coming into the room. kalani groaned at the ms carter, "you don't have to call me that."

"it's your brothers order im afraid." the guy smiled before heading out. "send them up!" she called after him.

kalani sat back down after stretching, tapping her messed up nails on the desk.