chapter thirteen , 013

☘︎ ☘︎ ☘︎ ☘︎ ☘︎ ☘︎

☘︎ ☘︎ ☘︎ ☘︎ ☘︎ ☘︎.
not proofread bbys

KALANI GROANED AS THE BRIGHT SUN hit her face, forcing her to wake up. when she opened her eyes , she immediately threw her hand to her head. her eyes & head pounded.

"what happened last night?" she mumbled.

"i wanna kno the same thing." jaylina grumbled, sitting up from the air mattress. "what the hell were you doing with ole dude?"

"whatchu talkin bout?" kalani mumbled, her eyebrows furrowed. "you don't remember?"

"no. i only remember arriving at the party , us walking into the kitchen where tamara was, her handing us drinks then after that the shit is blurry." kalani groggily said. "i must've had to much to drink." she used both hands to rub her head, feeling the headache arriving.

jaylina eyed her before humming. the whole thing was weird. jay remember everything while lani only remembered everything before they started drinking.

"we need detective jay on the case."

laughing slightly, she rolled her eyes & shakily stood up. "i feel so bad."

gagging she stood up straight, her eyes wide open. rushing past jaylina without a word, she ran into her connected bathroom & opened up the toilet seat.

bile immediately came out of her throat. jay rushed into the bathroom, "you ok lani?!"

"do i look okay?!" kalani snapped, she gagged once more & titled her head back to the toilet.

"ima call siyani." jaylina frowned & walked out the bathroom. the sounds of kalani still throwing up could be heard.

jay picked up her phone which sat next to the air mattress she was sleeping on & dialed siyani.

he picked up on the first ring. "yo?"

"kalani need anything? i can hear her throwing up." siyani stated. "fuck you mean you can hear her?"

"i'm downstairs.."

jay jerked her head back & rushed through kalani's open bedroom door. she walked down the steps & into the living room where siyani sat, looking at his phone.

"when did you get here?" jay asked as she hung up. "i been here. who y'all think helped y'all change y'all clothes? set up the air mattress."

"so you saw us naked." kalani deadpanned him from the top of the steps.

"mmcht no. y'all took y'all dress of y'all selves, since both of y'all was drunk out ya mind, i let y'all lean on my when y'all were getting dressed, if not both of y'all would've tipped over."