•Till death do us apart•

Jerome Valeska ~ 10

He lay in my arms, blood oozing from his mouth yet it stay in a Cheshire grin, the way it always was. His outfit now drenched with blood along with mine and my hands, his eyes still just about had that glint shining in them left but I could slowly see it leaving.
"I'm sorry, I love you"
He just about managed to stutter out with the few puffs of air he could get out.

I broke at that moment, tears now freely flowing down my face as I watched the life leave his eyes, the last drops of blood seeping out the stab hole.
"I love you too J, I love you too... please stay with me"
I shook his body in hope that he was pulling some type of joke on me, that he wasn't actually dead in my arms. And that I would hear his beautiful laugh once more. But nothing happened he remained stiller than he had ever been before. His skin turning sickly pale, his body turning stone cold letting me know there was no life left in him. I knew it wasn't the end, it couldn't be the end for me and him, we were supposed to be forever.... He was supposed to be forever and rule over Gotham, I was supposed to be his queen.....

I finally got pulled away from Jerome's body and I couldn't hold myself up, I felt like I was dying with him that he took a peace of me with him. I didn't stop crying once, I didn't speak and I didn't hardly blink I was just staring into the ibis. I shook in the arms of whoever was holding me begging someone, something to bring him back, bring him back to me. I was nothing without Jerome Valeska....