Chapter 2

"Don't get too close!", Allison warned as she pulled Taya close to her as everyone stared up at the portal-like thing in front of them.

"Looks like some sort of temporal anomaly", Luther observed, Taya's heart pounded as she stared up at the portal, fear and confusion written all over her face.

"Either that or a miniature black hole. One of the two", he added.

"Pretty big difference, there, Paul Bunyan", Diego told him, not taking his eyes off of the portal as Klaus shoved past him, throwing a fire extinguisher at it, Taya gave him an even more confused look.

"What was that supposed to do?", she shouted over the noise.

"I don't know. Do you have a better idea?", Klaus answered, sounding just as confused and distressed as the rest of his family was.

Electricity began to crackle and someone seemed to appear in the portal, Taya flinched a bit and Luther got everyone to get behind him. It was clear nobody could recognise the person at the moment, the man seemed to struggle getting through the portal for a good few seconds before he fell through it, and the person was a boy. He looked to be maybe about 2-3 years younger than Taya.

The thunder faded and so did the portal, everyone stared at the boy like they recognized him. Except for Taya.

"Does anyone else see little Number Five, or is it just me?", Klaus asked.

Realization hit Taya immediately, this must be the uncle Allison told her had been missing for years. But why does he look so young?

"Shit", was all Five said when he looked at himself up and down before he looked at the rest of his family.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What's the date? Exact date?", Five asked as he placed a cutting board on the table in the kitchen, Allison had already introduced Taya to him.

"The 24th", Taya replied.

"Of what?", Five asked again.

"March", Taya added quickly.

"So are we just not gonna talk about what happened?", Luther asked his brother, who seemed to be making a sandwich of some sort. Five didn't answer, continuing to make his sandwich and Luther got up out of his seat.

"It's been 17 years", he began and his brother looked at him and scoffed.

"It's been a lot longer than that", Five told him before he teleported to a nearby shelf, grabbing the marshmallows before teleporting back to his original spot.

"Where'd you go?", Diego asked bluntly.

"The future", FIve answered, "It's shit. By the way."

"Called out!", Klaus shouted out.

"I should've listened to the old man", Five grumbled as he continued making his food, "You know, jumping through space is one thing, jumping through time is a toss of the dice. Nice dress." Klaus smiled at Five's 'nice dress' comment.

"Wait, how did you get back?", Viktor questioned, trying to make sense of the whole situation.

"In the end, I had to project my consciousness forward into a suspended quantum state version of myself that exists across every possible instance of time", Five answered, Taya gave him a confused look, having no idea what her uncle had just said at all.

"That makes no sense", Diego commented.

"Well, it would if you were smarter", Five snarked and Diego got up but Luther quickly stopped him from getting to Five.