Chapter 3

The next morning Taya was helping her mother pack, taking a few clothes that used to belong to Allison when she was a kid as well. Taya had her earbuds in, music faintly playing as she packed her clothes in her suitcase, not really noticing Luther having a conversation with her mom.

When she noticed her uncle she gave him a friendly smile before she continued, not really in the talking mood at the moment, letting Allison and Luther continue their conversation.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later that night Taya laid on Allison's old childhood bed as she scrolled through her phone, smiling at some of the pictures of the two of them as In My Life by the Beatles faintly played through her earbuds. It was a lot later than Taya usually stayed up but she couldn't sleep, she didn't know why, she just guessed it was one of those nights.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'

The next morning, Taya sat at the table in the kitchen while Grace cooked breakfast. Fried eggs and bacon placed in a way to make it look like a smiley face which definitely made Taya smile, Grace began breakfast for the others as Luther and Allison joined Taya at the table.

The teengager smiled and greeted her mom, resting her head on her shoulder. Allison smiled and kissed her head.

"Morning, sweetheart", she replied back softly.

"Mom?", Luther spoke up, "We need to ask you some questions about the night Dad died. Do you remember anything?" Taya took a bite out of one of the eggs on her plate as Grace turned to look at the trio behind her.

"Of course. Sunset, 7:33 p.m. Moon was waxing crescent, dinner was Cornish hen, wild rice and carrots", Grace answered with a smile on her face. Taya wasn't the kind of person to eavesdrop but this conversation got her attention and she listened carefully to what the adults and the robot were saying.

"No, later that night. In his bedroom. Did you go see him?", Luther told her, trying to be more specific.

"I don't recall", Grace replied, the same smile on her face as she put some of the eggs and bacon on two separate palates.

"Were you ever... angry with Dad?", Allison asked her.

"Your father was a good man. A kind man. He was very good to me", Grace answered, her smile was still there, she didn't seem too bothered by the fact Luther and Allison were technically interrogating her. Taya finished up the last of her breakfast.

"Yes, but after we all left, it must have been difficult", Allison continued.

"Oh, there were days", Grace said to her, "You kids kept me oh so busy, and then..." Grace stopped herself before she said anything and Luther, Allison and Taya looked at her confused.

"What?", Taya questioned.

"What were you gonna say?", Allison asked.

"Eggs are ready!", Grace said, changing the subject as she handed the plate to Allison and Luther. It was the exact same dish as Taya had just finished. Taya took a sip of the orange juice next to her plate.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Taya was walking around Bricktown with her mom. The two of them were looking for Viktor, and when they did find him, he was talking with some other guy. The second Taya saw the guy Viktor was talking with she instantly got a bad feeling about him and subtly shifted closer to her mom.

"Allison? Taya?", Viktor questioned when he saw the pair walking over.

"Hey", Allison greeted.

"Leonard, this is my sister, Allison and my niece, Taya", Viktor introduced, Leonard looked at Allison, recognizing who she was.