A Tribulation in a Snow Globe - Albedo/Kaeya

╰┈➤ Angst: Albedo × Kaeya:  ❝ A Tribulation in a Snow Globe ❞
✧*̥ ˚ AU: During the Shadows Amidst Snowstorms event; Mainly Albedo angst

    "Let me out!" The blonde screamed, banging on the glass dome sealing him in. This was quite the predicament Albedo was in. He was trapped inside a snow globe at his campsite in Dragonspine. However, this wasn't an accident or an experiment gone wrong, this was on purpose. Someone waited for Albedo to let his guard down to strike him unconscious and trap him inside this snow globe.

But who would do something so cruel to someone like Albedo?

    His 'imposter.'

    Well, maybe imposter's not the right word. Albedo was technically created after this 'Primordial Albedo' was. If anything, Albedo was the replica — or 'imposter' — of him. But such nit-picks weren't important now. What was important was finding a way out of this snow globe.

    However, in a situation like this: Albedo couldn't think. His mind only flashed images of the Primordial Albedo taking his place. What would he do with the ones he loved? He could do almost anything when taking on his identity: Attend meetings, mentor Sucrose, take care of Klee, go on dates with Kaeya...

    Kaeya. His beloved partner. They never made any official announcement nor label for their relationship, as it could make both of their lives harder. Kaeya's methods of extracting information — especially in young adult girls — always tended to be a bit... explicit. If the entirety of Mondstadt knew about their feelings for each other, it could make flirting a lot harder. Only a few people knew: The Traveler, Paimon, Sucrose, Eula, and Jean. Both Kaeya and he found them trustworthy enough with their secret.

    Albedo sighed as he stopped pounding on the glass, falling on the floor. It was futile anyways. The Primordial Albedo was probably as smart as he was, meaning he probably left no way out from inside the snow globe. Was this really how he would live for the rest of his life? Trapped forever inside a small decoration? That's probably so. He'd most likely die of thirst in just a few days.

    All of a sudden, he heard footsteps. He quickly got up to see who it was — much to his surprise: It was the Primordial Albedo with Kaeya.

    His eyes widened as he stood up. What was Kaeya doing here? He was supposed to be at the Knights of Favonius Headquarters. Hadn't he heard about the imposter? He figured the Traveler told him, and would have advised him to steer clear of Dragonspine for a while. Did the imposter kill the Traveler and Paimon, and after doing so, lured Kaeya here? But why? To purely torture Albedo? To make him watch his lover give all of his love and affection to a fake? He was even more cruel than he realized.

    But he couldn't stand for it. He can't let Kaeya live out his life unaware that he's been switched out with a fake.

    He ran to the opposite end of the snow globe before charging forward and throwing his entire body on the side of the glass dome, making it shift slightly on his desk, causing a subtle sliding sound to be heard. Surprisingly, it didn't hurt. "What was that?" Kaeya questioned. The Primordial Albedo waved his arms, "It's probably nothing. All sorts of strange noises can be heard in Dragonspine — especially late at night." Kaeya didn't question further.

    The Primordial Albedo turned around to glare at him. It gave him shivers.

    Nevertheless he tried again. He ran to the back of the snow globe, and charged, only this time, the Primordial Albedo picked up the snow globe. "What?!" Albedo exclaimed. How could he get over here so quickly? His breathing became heavy, the rapid breaths stinging his lungs. The Primordial Albedo turned around to face Kaeya. "Oh, I've never seen that before at your campsite. Is it new?" The Cavalry Captain admired, "I like it."

    Primordial Albedo smiled and blushed, "I bought it as a gift for your office." Kaeya stood up, approaching the snow globe, "For me? What's the occasion?" He took the decoration out of his hands, examining it. Albedo ran around the small landscape, desperately trying to get his lover's attention. Kaeya's eyes widened upon noticing Albedo in the decoration. "The occasion?" Primordial Albedo pondered innocently. Kaeya looked at him in pure horror. 

"Mark it as the day I finally took care of a major tribulation."

Kaeya dropped the snow globe by accident, "Albedo! Arck!" Damn him and his nervous butter fingers.

Albedo felt nothing as he plummeted. If anything, he felt a little curious. Would he die when the snow gglobe breaks, or would he be let free?

C R A S H !

.
.
.

Albedo woke up with a jolt, breathing quickly. He looked at his surroundings: He was in his home, laying on his bed, with Kaeya lying next to him, and there was no sign of Primordial Albedo. Was that just a dream? Archons, he hoped so. He clutched his chest, trying to calm his breaths. He was fine. Kaeya was fine. The Traveler and Paimon are fine. Everyone's fine. There's no one out to get him yet.

He sighed, there was no way he could sleep like this, but he didn't want to wake up Kaeya for some stupid nightmare. Perhaps he'll go outside to clear his head. Yeah. That's what he'll do. He quietly snuck out of bed, put on his favorite lab coat and boots, grabbed his keys, and left. He sat down on a bench by one of the major windmills and closed his eyes, trying to relax, listening to the sounds of the night.

.
.
.

Primordial Albedo watched him in the distance, tightly gripping a small replica of Albedo's 'Cinnabar Spindle' in hand.

A/N: Sorry there wasn't more Albedo × Kaeya action, the dream section took way longer than I thought it would. Plus, writing the calm and collected Albedo freak out was fun.