Act 1, scene 1

(We open up in a school classroom. The sound of glass breaking can be heard in the background as a teacher walks up to the whiteboard. A group of students are sitting down in chairs, writing something down)

Ms.Stevens: Alright class, now today we are going to be learning about the history of 2020-2026.

Random student: Why are we learning this? Our society has gone down since our president passed the law 3 weeks ago.

Quiet Kid: Speaking of that...(They reach into their bag, pulling out a gun) EVERYONE ON THE GROund....

(The whole class goes into slow motion before freezing. Everyone except James)

James: I bet you guys are confused about what's happening right now. Let's start at the beginning.

(James stands up, walking to the center of the stage)

James: Welcome to the year 2150. A lot has happened since your guy's time. Do you guys know the president? The president who you guys know as just the president of the United States of America? Yeah, they are now the president of the United States of Camerica, the United States and Canada combined. Anyways, 3 weeks ago, they passed a law making all law enforcement disappear. No police, no swat, no military. Sucks, huh? Well, ever since then, crime has been rampant throughout the streets. Think of the purge movies but happening forever. Well, during these 3 weeks, we've seen people die and it just becomes the new normal. With you guys, I'm guessing that when you see a dead body on the streets, you report it right away, right? Well, now, you see a dead body on the streets, you just drive around it. I know, brutal.

(Alexa pokes her head out from offstage)

Alexa: James? Are you telling this story again?

James: Yeah? And?

Alexa: Just start it already. (She disappears off stage again)

James: Well, it seems like I'm on a time limit so let's go to the beginning of our story. The start... of the Rebels.

(James walks off stage as the sound of a clock ticking backwards plays)

(Light's fade, blackout)