Act 1, Scene 6

(Light's on as we open up in the living room. Jocelyn is laying on the couch as Alexa and James are laying down on the floor, next to each other.)

Jocelyn: That pizza was goooood!

Alexa: Eh, I'm not much of a pineapple-on-pizza type of girl. But yeah, that pizza was good.

James: Yeah, it's my favorite pizza place. Not bad for a little hole in the wall.

Jocelyn: Tomorrow is Saturday, right?

Alexa: Yup...

Jocelyn: And it's just us 3?

James: Yup...

Jocelyn: So what do you guys wanna do tomorrow?

James: I don't know... maybe we can hang out with the group?

Alexa: I'm down for that. We can meet up by Joaquin's tree like we always do and just talk about what to do.

Jocelyn: I'll text the group chat and see what they say.

James: I don't know, isn't it late?

Jocelyn: It's barely 11:30. Everyone is still awake. I'm usually the only one that is asleep.

(Jocelyn pulls out her phone to text the group chat)

James: Hopefully everyone is down to hang out.

Alexa: It's better when we all hang out. But... can we like... not talk about what happened with my parents? I don't think I'm ready to tell them what happened.

James: Of course. We won't say anything until you're ready.

Jocelyn: Yeah, we're not saying anything. By the way, Jinx, Vero, and Chris said that they'll be down to hang. And Diego will meet me there early.

Alexa: Alright. That's fine.

Jocelyn: Alright, I'm gonna sleep. I'll see you guys tomorrow.

(Jocelyn turns around, looking away from Alexa and James)

Alexa: I think we should get some sleep too...

James: Before we do... Can I ask you something?

Alexa: Sure you can ask me anything.

James: Why did you come to me? Like... Why did you run to my house before Diego's? Isn't he closer to your house than mine?

Alexa: The truth is... you're the only one I can feel safe with. It's embarrassing to admit but for however long we decided to hang out, you've made me feel safe. So when my parents were killed, I wanted to run here. Because I'm scared James. I'm really really scared because I don't know what will happen next...

(James looks down a bit and gently grabs her hand, squeezing it gently)

James: Well then, you'll be safe here. Trust me...

(Alexa looks at James and turns her body a bit to almost cuddle his arm, slowly falling asleep)

Jocelyn: You were holding her hand, weren't you?

James: What? N-no...

Jocelyn: The little push... now you decide what happens.

(Blackout)