18. 𝕐𝕠𝕦'𝕣𝕖 𝔾𝕠𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕋𝕠 𝔹𝕖 𝕆𝕜𝕒𝕪.

I think I was the first one to notice Sato's sizzling. He was coming back fast. He got up and started walking around the room in search of us. I could just imagine him finding Orrule and going, "She left you here? Then she must still be around. Where are you both hiding?"

He stepped around the room some more. The four of us stood back to the surface with this storage container. I had to be leaned up against one of the nurses since there wasn't enough room for all of us to fit without revealing our position. The nurse I was basically on top of had his hands down so I wasn't uncomfortable. Kei and I were constantly wary of where this bastard was going to pop up from. 

Kei looked forward as if he was thinking of a solution when one of the nurses began to speak. It was the only one not wearing a white mask. "I never thought I'd be hiding alongside two Ajin."

I felt so fortunate to have been skin-on-skin close to this prick. The one with the mask then replied, "Cut it out! They protected us!"

 "Are you crazy? Think about it. They're the ones who brought that guy here. How many people do you think died because of him?"

Kei was knocked out of thought and looked at the asshole nurse. "Actually, I wasn't the one who killed them, ya know? And besides, if you're going to bring that up... I haven't exactly forgotten what you've done to me either."

"Yeah, remind me to be an asshole to everyone I've done wrong and they try to help me. Just shut up and let us help you or I'll use you as bait to kill that bastard again. I rather stay with a drill in my shoulder than be back in his custody." I growled in whispers next to his neck. I felt his body tense as soon as I suggested using him as bait. 

Despite that, he gritted his teeth and growled back, "I swear I'll get you back on that table."

I rolled my eyes. "I didn't know you had the courtesy to put me on a table. Now shut up."

"I'll act as the decoy." Nagai suddenly spoke. It shocked me that he was willing to sacrifice himself. "and get you two out. Then you two can show us the safest way to make it out of this place."

The nice nurse leaned forward a bit. "Are you sure you want to be a decoy?"

"I'll help him. We don't want you and the asshole here risking your only life." I pat Nagai Kei on the head and ruffled his hair a bit. 

"That..."

"Shut up!' The unmasked nurse ordered from behind me. "They're willing to help us."

All four of our bodies cocked back as we heard Sato's chillingly angry voice. "Nagai, (Y/n), have you heard? You're probably feeling somewhat secure under the belief that you can't die. When I said I'd kill you, it wasn't just a figure of speech. Ajins can die." 

We heard his footsteps silently around the place and this bitch ass asshat donkey behind me just had to go, "Great! Now they've done it."

I put my hand on his member and squeezed. I turned around with my hand still in place and said, "Don't get castrated before you escape this place. I don't have any special tools to actually do it so you may just bleed out after I pull your testicles off. Keep saying sassy stuff, I'll turn into a villain real quick. Shut. Up." 

The other nurse and Kei were looking at me strangely. One side pointed to admiring the fact that I had more balls than anyone in the room and then the other side pointed to fear. Everyone kept their mouths shut. And I had a small smile of victory. Of course, I was never really going to pull that guy's testicles off.

"It depends on how you define death but... when Ajins die, pieces of their body that have been severed join back together... with... the largest piece that still remains intact. But if they're too far, they're just remade. What if that piece were your head?"

Sato being a creepy ex-army guy had caused the young Ajin next to me to start sweating bullets. He was terrified. I grabbed his neck. "You're going to be okay, Kei. I won't let him hurt you, okay?" 

He continued with fear locked in his face but I could tell he at least calmed down a bit. "I promise you. I'm going to cut off your heads... and... then I'll pick up your heads and I will force you to watch until ultimately new ones are regenerated. The question is... if the brain remains inside your head, is the one that's regenerated actually yours?"

As his footsteps got closer and closer, I could just hear the smirk he had on his face. He knew he was scaring the wits out of this boy and he was enjoying it. "Here you are. It's over for both of you. You're going to regret killing me. Both of you. So much so that it kills you." 

The nice nurse turned over again and said, "Kei, (Y/n), you guys don't have to help us." I grinned in my head, now realizing, he must have learned my name from Sato. 

Kei put his head back and continued to breathe a little heavily. He was trying to regulate his breathing so he could focus. Focus on trying to save everyone. "I will though. I'll get you out. That's what I should do... I guess." 

With the sweat trying to drip from his face, he still was able to calculate a plan to get us out. He explained to me in seconds that he wanted me to go with the nurses. I wasn't going to object but I had to call back Orrule before anything. Before we left our hiding place, Kei took off one of his shoes and told us to go around the container. We heard Sato's footsteps close now. And the nice nurse and I helped Kei on top of the container. As Sato was making his way to the exact spot that we should have been, we heard Kei jump off. It was like a little back flip and my heart raced a little.

A kid that has a little bit of skill? He had a scalpel in his hand ready to do whatever was within his game plan. But in just a couple of seconds, I heard him get stabbed. I feared for the worst so I stepped out from our new hiding spot and examined the situation. Sato let out a laugh as he threw Nagai Kei over his shoulder. He faced Kei and I was watching him. 

The nurses took that as an opportunity to get away. They ran but Sato turned around and he was aiming for the nurses but shot me. He shot more and more but missed his target. Meanwhile, Kei gathered up the courage to clench the scalpel he was holding in both hands to stab Sato. 

I don't know what kind of damage he thought that would do but the attack never did reach Sato. He elbowed the kid in the face and kept the adrenaline escalating. 

Started: 

March 19, 2023

Finished:

March 19, 2023

Word Count:

1224