Naga!Ichi and Injured!Reader

Inspired by peterpanpurple's prompt.

(This one-shot takes place between 'Subject to Study' and 'Subject to Study Extended'. Reader has not mated with any naga at this point.)

It had been a week since the Mi-26 had lifted off from the island that the nagas claimed as their home, my home within Jyushi's territory nearing the finishing point while I was almost halfway through creating a safe space for me in the other territories. I had found where Erika had created a place for her to survive, rudimentary compared to the society that I had just fled from but sophisticated for what the island offered. When I was questioned by Choro if I wanted to use it, I could only shake my head.

I didn't want to live in the shadow of my betrayer.

Choro tore everything down after I gathered the remaining supplies, not looking back for a second.

My eyes wandered the rocky cliffside as I walked near the ridge, heading east-southeast along the edge of Ichi's territory in boredom. The large storm that I had bunkered with Kara had damaged some of the loose terrain, ever mindful of staying away from ridges that looked too thin to stand on.

I had been instructed by Kara to stay away from the cliffs for a few days, to allow the soil to dry up once more and hold the boulders and rocks firm in their treacherous positions, and I had fully complied. I had fallen into a sinkhole once when I strayed from the nagas warning, and I never wanted to experience that again.

With today being the fourth day since the storm, there wasn't a speck of wet soil or ground to be seen. Ichi hadn't argued against my proposed plan for the day, his reasoning that there was nothing else in his territory that could harm me besides the cliffside.

A splash of green against the constant brown and gray caught my eye, drawing my attention downwards as I moved a little closer to the edge, seeing a blanket of green spotted with light purple cover the entire cliffside where I had been walking. The growth of the plant told me that the nagas hadn't even tried to gather it, and my curiosity was spurred on as I knelt a few inches away from the ledge and leaned over to get a better look at it.

If the nagas hadn't tried, then I knew they'd be against me trying...if I told them.

Moving back to where I could get a better view of the growth, I estimated that the patch was only six or seven feet down. I'd definitely need some sturdy vines to lower myself down and that meant a trip to Choro's territory.

Leaning back into a sitting position, I looked towards my left as the cliffs bloomed into a lush jungle near the mountain range. It was almost an hour's trek from where I was, as the plant growth was near the border of Choro's and Ichi's territories. Though, gathering what I needed would be a little more difficult with the concerning cut still healing on the back of my hand.

It was nearly closed, but I couldn't risk re-opening the scab. The artery was still exposed enough underneath the gauze that any brush with a rough surface could puncture the thin wall of skin, and the island didn't have anything to help with blood loss.

I'd have to navigate the climb with my uninjured hand doing most of the work, and that meant the vines I'd need would have to be thick, alive, and long.

Cutting free a fifth vine from the lowest branch, I wound it up and laid it on the others nearby. The total length I had gathered should be more than enough for the descent to the patch of untouched green on the cliffside, sheathing the knife I used and looping the coils over my right arm.