~The trial~

You woke up to loud voices coming from behind the tree you were resting, you decided to peek from behind it and see what was going on.

Y/n POV:

There were 11 people there. One was sitting under the roof of a house, I guess that was their master since they all been kneeling to him except two people, one was holding a box and the other one was laying down on a tree branch, he has a really cute snake too. 

There was a boy on the ground that looked injured, I feel bad for him plus the man with the box was insulting him and talking about some demon and how they were cruel and terrible, I could agree to that.

I slowly got up and decided to listen more of their conversation. 

"Hey. Come out kid. It's rude to listen to others conversations." The snake guy called out to me as the other people turned their heads in my direction.

I came out from the tree's shadow as the warm rays of the sun made contact with my skin. 

I made my way to the center of where they were standing and started to stretch my wings.

The faces they had in that moment were worth a fortune. There was tense silence.

"What? I can't stretch myself?" I asked them.

"H-HOW ARE YOU IN THE SUN, DEMON?!" The guy with the box yelled.

"What. I'm not a demon. Do I look like one? Do demons have angelic wings and halos?" I asked him with a cocky voice.

"HOW DARE YOU SPEAK TO ME LIKE THAT. YOUR IN THE PRESENCE OF THE HASHIRAS." He yelled.

"Are you guys like members of a cult? But still. You didn't answer my question." I replied.

A girl with pink hair giggled and then apologized.

"We aren't a cult. We are the demon slayer corps and the hashiras or Kinoe are the highest rank. Our job is to protect our dear citizens from demons." The girl with black hair and purple tips explained. I made an (.o.) face.

"Well dear children how about we all introduce ourselves. I'm Kagaya Ubuyashiki, the leader of the demon slayer corps." He proposed.

*time skip after all the hashiras introduced themselves*

"I'm Y/n L/n, I'm 17 years old. I'm not really comfortable to tell you from where I came from."

"Can you at least tell us why you were in such dangerous forest?" Shinobu asked.

"I was running from a demon that was faking himself as a human. I lived with him for 3 years and didn't suspect anything, but yesterday I was searching for him and found him eating sone girls in his 'alone time'. He tried explaining everything to me but I was too scared to even think straight and took off running. I learned that I could fly some days before than so when I reached a canyon and I jumped only to be able to fly with my wings. Tho I was surprised that I could cross that canyon because I couldn't fly for a long time, only a couple of minutes." I explained.

"Can you tell me how that demon looked, please?" Mitsuri asked shyly.

"He was muscular with rainbow eyes and platinum hair. The number two is written on both of his eyes. He also appears to have nails colored blue. He is mostly seen wearing robes colored in red with a hat on top and white pants with a golden belt. Oh and his name was Douma." I state.

Everyone froze. Mostly Shinobu. 

"YOU WERE LIVING 3 YEARS WITH UPPER TWO?" Sanemi asked very loudly almost screaming.