Man in Black

Chaeyoung woke up in the couch with a slight headache.

"You're awake already." The man moved to slowly towards her, a little startled she backs away.

Surprisingly the man wasn't bothered he continued to approach more but not too close and put a cup of hot tea on the small round table. "Take a sip. I made it."

Still unsure, she uttered a hesitant "Thank you."

"Don't sweat it. Mina went out to buy some medicine. Are you doing okay?" he asked.

"Yes, I'll be fine, and I apologize for my overwhelming reaction," she replied. The man smiled and nodded. "Haven't we met before?" Chaeyoung asked.

"On my son's funeral." Recalling the past she nods. "I'm sorry."

She can't help but to apologize, she didn't mean to bring up a painful memory. "You kids are always apologizing. Have you eaten already?"

"No, not yet."

"I'll make something please stay for tonight. I have the guest bedroom prepared."

Inside her chest was something she's been dying to say. "I'd like to marry Mina. To grow old with her is what i've dreaming." The old man stared at Chaeyoung and with a smile he asked. "When are you going to marry her?"

"Soon when i'm done with everything i needed to do."

"Go for it. You have my blessing. And in case you're worried I might object, rest assured, you have nothing to worry about. We must move on from the pain of the past. Always remember that, Chaeyoung. I'm sure my son is somewhere, happy to see his wife marrying someone even more handsome." With those words, Chaeyoung felt a warm sense of welcome, making her more at ease.

They had a warm talk during the cold night. Mina had joined them when she got there after buying Chaeyoung's medicine.

Later that evening, Jinho revealed some pictures of Mina and his son during their courtship. "That's her right there," Chaeyoung's eyes couldn't hide her joy. Seeing Mina's beauty captured in those photographs made her truly happy.

"Look at her, so serious when she's alone in a picture, but when they're together, you can even see her gums as she laughs," Jinho's laughter echoed through the living room.

"Please abeonim let's stop showing these, okay."Mina felt embarrassed to show her old photos. She averted gaze as Chae didn't have any idea how sweet her and Dokyeom back in their early days.

Mina made her way into the kitchen to prepare for their dinner. "I already made dinner just prepare the plates." Jinho yelled from the room, Mina replied "Okay."

"Can I keep this one?" It was a picture of Mina.

Jinho remembered that Dokyeom had discreetly kept that photo from Mina, a snapshot taken on their first date. Jinho granted her permission to keep it.

 Jinho granted her permission to keep it