Introduction

'I am a man of fortune, and I must seek my fortune' - Henry Avery.

It had been fifteen years since she had last seen him, and she believed him to be dead yet somehow Samuel Drake was standing in front of (y/n) (l/n). Now however, he needed her help. In order to pay off a large debt to save Sam's life, they must go in search of Henry Avery's pirate treasure, however they are not the only ones looking for it. Adventure, emotion and deceit lie ahead... is the pirate treasure really worth it?

Welcome to A Man of Fortune, a story based on Uncharted 4: A Thieves End! This book is specifically a Sam Drake x Reader, but it follows the story of Uncharted 4, and includes dialogue used in the game so credit for those bits naturally goes to the writers of the game. The credit for the main story goes to NaughtyDog, but the reader moments and interactions are all me! This is purely fanfiction.

Now, a bit of information before we start... (y/n) (l/n) is obviously based on the reader primarily, but there are a handful of specific things for the sake of the story. Her father walked out on her when she was young and her mother passed away due to an illness. She's also American, but you can decide the state. Also for the sake of the ending/epilogue, I've aged them down just about five years in the main story: in the game Nate is around 38-40 so he'll now be about 35. In the game Sam is around 43-45, but for this he'll be around 40 and so on. Now of course it'd be handy if you've played the game and already know the story and characters, but if you haven't played it and are new to it all then don't worry, I think I've done an okay job at explaining everything! I'd definitely recommend the game though, it is very, very good. 

A quick warning! This book is on the mature side, and includes swearing, violence, a little bit of gore and sexual references. Like the game, this fanfic is for people 16+.

I think that's everything! So I hope you enjoy reading A Man of Fortune!

Love,

The One Who Writes x