Part 1

My head was pounding, screaming at me. I thought it was just my dream but turns out it was just my alarm. Fuck off, please. I rolled over and turned it my alarm. It was today, I should find out today if got the job I wanted... and the if I got the job my parents wanted. It should be fine, it would be fine .. if they were the same job.

"y/n honey, are you awake?" That was my mum, of course, always checking on me. "Yep mum just getting up now"

"Good and hurry because we gotta make some food to celebrate" huh? I haven't even got the job yet? "Mum we don't even know that I got the job yet" , that's when she came through to my room . "Yeah but you will, you'll follow in our footsteps and be the next great l/n family lawyer!" My mum clapped her hands excitedly. "Yep that's gonna be me, I don't wanna disappoint the family now do I?" I sighed. "Nope you don't, but don't worry you won't, I just know it, now cmon get dressed and we'll make you some food !" , "Okay mum"

God I don't want to disappoint her , or my dad. Especially not my dad. He's the main reason I'm expected to be a lawyer anyway. It's the family career, generations of my dads and my mums family have been insanely successful lawyers all having gone to Harvard law and then working for a top law firm. They have worked for at least one famous case and it's up to me to carry on that legacy.

I had done the fist part easily enough, going to Harvard law and doing well there. I've applied to a top law firm and is the weight was resting on my soldier sit get in and then be in that profession for my whole life, every day, working in office no doubt and then in a career I admittedly didn't even want to work in, I could never tell my parents that though, or choose another career option because god knows what could happen, I could get kicked out, nah they wouldn't do that.

Anyway, I got dressed, comfy but not too lazy because my mum would disapprove and I went downstairs to make some food. "There's my beautiful lawyer" , "Mum please stop, I mean what if I don't get the job"

"You will", my dad spoke up , appearing out of nowhere

"Oh god, you scared me !" , "What can I say I'm terrifying, hello my future lawyer" , he came over and hugged me , "It smells good in here, what were we cooking up ?"

"Pancakes Dan" my mum explained and he gave him a failed attempt from earlier, "thank you love, I'm sure they'll be yum even though this looks stupid" , "wanna cook one?" My mum asked. "I'm alright thank you love." , "thought so , so pipe down."

I just laughed as my phone rang, "do you think that's the ...firm" , "100% sweetie, it's okay, it'll be okay just remember you need to sound professional." I nodded and picked up the phone.

"Hello is this y/n l/n speaking ?"

"This is she"

"Hello miss l/n, we speaking from the Wayne solicited company, we would like to congratulate you on getting the job"

"Thank you very much, that is wonderful news"

"Thank you, we will be in touch discussing details of your starting here"

"Thank you"

"OH MY FUCKING GOD, I GOT THE JOB"

"We're so proud of you sweetie, we'll done my little lawyer" my dad came over and congratulated as I got pulled into a bear hug by them .

"Thank you guys." , we stayed celebrating for a while, it felt good to not have let the, down and I was, of course, happy but I couldn't help but help the other job had called, maybe I didn't get that one, it was a but of a stretch, I'd only done media for a little bit. I sighed, there's still time.

I went up to my room and relaxed for a bit, processing what had just happened. I had just closed my head, taking it all in when my phone rang. Omg... what if... if it's the other job .

I've never picked up so fast,

"Hello is this y/n l/n"

"This is she, who am I speaking to ?"

"I'm Zoe, I'm calling from the Scuderia Ferrari f1 team.."

"Oh hello, is this about the job application?"

"Yes it is, we are very impressed by it and we would like to offer you a job as Charles Leclerc's media manager"

"That would be amazing thank you, when can I start?" All thoughts had gone out the window this was my dream, I wasn't going to throw it away

"Well, we would like you to come and meet Charles this weekend if that is okay, we can let you know all the information you need"

"That would be amazing thank you"

"Congratulations y/n"

"Thank you"

A/n: I hope your enjoyed the first part!! Let me know what you think in the comments x

/