Part 8

Charles POV

I can't believe that went so well. I mean I could tell that she was going to be nice in real life because well how much can someone change from talking over the phone to real life, right? No matter what though I couldn't stop thinking about her, I was looking forward to waking up tomorrow and seeing her again, It was insane I've met the girl once and I was non-stop obsessing over her, I must thank Ferrari for appointing her as my new media manager because there was just something about her.

To try and take my mind of her for a bit I decided to call Pierre, but no doubt i'll end up telling him about her.

"Hey Charles mate are you good?" My best friend's familiar and comforting, but also slightly annoying voice rung out.

"Yeah I'm good just wanted to catch up."

"Oh, okay cool, so what's going on then?"

"Um, not much i had to fly out today to Maranello, you know to do a few sim days and sort out pre season stuff, the usual busy shit."

"I hate this bit to be honest and then you get the fun of pre season testing I just want to get in the car and race."

"Nah I get that, and ey your at alpine this year you might actually have a shot at overtaking me this year, doubt it though we've always known I was the faster one."

"Alright Mr big ego, pipe down, and if you now i'll be telling you to from the podium that you and I both know i'l be on this year, looking down at you on the floor." That one earns a laugh, we've always joked about our teams it's what we do. "Oh, I saw you got a new media manager over there, a pretty one at that."

"Oh yeah, y/n, she's so nice as well, I actually met her today." Here we go, I knew i'd end up talking about her, although i congratulated myself on not being the one of the pair that brought her up.

"Oh really, that's cool, Ferrari must be good at hiring someone good for everything apart from a team strategists , I'm convinced at this rate I could do a better job than those clowns they choose for the job." I groaned remembering some of the stupid decisions the now former team principal made last year.

"Yeah, we've got a new guy for the job now though, hopefully it won't be as much of a shit show as last year, I know there will be no media fuck ups though." I laughed

"I bet, you always pay more attention to pretty people." Pierre laughed back.

"Maybe that's why we made so many mistakes on track last year, I'll let y/n know that's what I'll let the media know." I said, jokingly referring to how my former team principal was not the most attractive man in the world.

"Good idea, it was nice talking to you mate but I've gotta get going now, I've got a flight in the morning, it's my turn for sim stuff." Pierre groaned.

"Alright, mate, good luck."

"Bye, charlie."

"Bye, pear."

Well that worked. I looked at my socials for a bit and decided that it was probably time for me to get some food, it was around 6pm. As I left ,y room I found myself wondering if y/n had woken up from her nap yet because she would make some great company for some food. I decided against knocking on her door in case she was still asleep I didn't want to make a bad impression son my new media manager yet and I couldn't bear the idea of people thinking we were more than what we are if someone saw us. Which made me think. what were we? Friends? Colleagues? I went for friends, just work friends. I wondered down and out of the hotel and began a walk to my favorite place to eat whilst I'm here, it was a little family owned place who loved Ferrari, I ad gone there before and brought some of my own things from my time at the racing team, signing them for the sweet old women who always greeted me with warmth.

I got there and greeted the sweet, familiar people who worked there, giving some of them a hug and returning there 'nice to see you's'. I sat down at a table by myself and ordered my food. When the food came, I spent my time looking around at the walls and eating. I find myself looking at everything from so many different generations of Ferrari drivers. I found my mind drifting the memories of Papa and thinking about how he would've loved this restaurant. I thought of all the hard work I had done to get this point to be going to the sim at Ferrari in just a couple days and all for him; for our dream.

I did it Pa.