Stay Focused

Brec's POV
First, second and third period were boring since all basketball players had all day practice including Ryan and Joshua. But in fourth period a familiar person sat next to me. It was the girl with all that hair. What was her name........ Joey !
Brec: Hey Joeey" I hesitated
Joey: "Hey Brec.... Thats your name right?"
Brec: " ha Yeah that me, so how you been"
Joey: "Good So Your brother told me you were trying out for the varsity cheer squad"
Brec: "Yeah Are You?"
Joey: "Yeah I'm Scared though... What if i mess up"
Brec: "Key Point is to dont think about it just do it"
Joey: "Thats such good advice.. Thanks"
Brec: "No Problem "
Joey: "This is embarrassing but i'm new and i dont know anyone do you I could stick with you"
Brec: "Of course i'm new here to..so we could help each other."
Joey: "Thats a bet"
From the rest of the day me and her hung out. She helped me with geometry I helped her with science and history. Then it was already time to go. When i got home i got a text message. Soi sat on the island in the kitchen and read it.
Joey😇💕: Hey its joey um i really wanted to thank you for watching out for me 2day and helping me out,i appreciate it.
Brec: No Prob Kidd I Got Yaa Back👍
Joey😇💕: 😂😂 Thankss👍
I had a feeling me and her would be quite close. I hurried at my apple and went downstairs for another cheer workout this time more intense.
I woke up Nd it was 5:47. I had feel asleep down in the basement. Wow. I ran up to the bathroom to take a quick shower and get dressed. When i went down Mom was in fancy suit. I corgot she started her new job at a law firm today.
Brec: "Mi madre es bonita"
Mom: "Thankss baby wish me luck , i hope I haven't lost my touch"
Brec: "Never that" i say sitting at the table.
Ja'mikel: "Whoa there who are you and why did you steal my step moms face" he said turning her around
Mom: "Oh stop it, okay babies i gotta go tell josh good luck on his scrimmage today and goodluck on your scrimmage today mikey and imaniëë slay them today baby" and she left. Her words didnt sink in till i heard her car speed off,
Brec: "Today Is Tryouts!!!"
Joshua: "Yeah captain obvious "
Ja'mikel: "Yo Dawg Moms said good luck on ya game"
Joshua: "I needa tell her thankss when i get home"
Ja'mikel: "Oh Lourdes Bray is sick so dad is staying home with her so we don't gotta come straight home.
Brec: "How she get sick i seen her before she went to bed and she was fine"
Ja'mikel: "All that sugar she was eating and gave herself a stomach ache"
I rolled my eyes and We headed to the door. My day began once i got to first period Ryan was there he was just as excited as i was when i seen him.
Brec: "Heey !!!" I said as he picked me up i a hung and turned in a cirlce
Ryan: "Hey Bre !!"
Brec: "How was your practice yesterday... You left me"
Ryan: "it Was Great an i know i'm sorry ... Forgive me"
Brec: "Of Course" as he hugged me again, i had a type of feeling, i think i like him?
The teacher came in and began teaching. When the lunch bell rang Ryan walked me to my locker to books and book bag in an get my long strap purse. Then he motioned for me to get on his back. And he gave me a piggy back ride to lunch, when we got our lunches till we sat down and he let me down to the table.
Brec: "Wow that was fun"
Ryan: "Your not even that heavy how much do you weigh" he asked sitting next to me"
Brec: "104 ... And thanks thats a compliment." As i shoved a spoon full of mashed potatoes in my mouth. Then a group of football jocks came and sat at the table.
One Of them: "Whats yo name baby girl"
Brec: "The same name as Samantha" as said referring to his girlfriend
Ryan: "Yeah how is Samantha"
One Of Them: "She ight But she ain't you" he said as he smiled widely
Brec: "I'll tell her at cheer tryouts"
Another One of Them: "You in a skirt? " he looked under the table " Oowwee!!!"
Ryan's Friend's: "Y'all chill thats Ryan's girl "
Ryan: "She isnt my girl, she's single she can do what she pleases" he said looking at me shyly.
One of Them: See baby girl just come out with me after tryouts."
Brec: "How about never ever"
The blue eye'd one: "Aw dang man she turned you all the way down. Aye yo ma don't worry we aint gone let him mess wit cha"
Brec: "Well thank you Aaron How nice of you" since he was sitting next to me i gave him a kiss on the cheek, an left my red lipstick print on his face. "Now don't take it off till you get home" he shook his head saying yes.
Ryan: "Don't worry Ron she gave me the same one to" he said pointing to the one i gave him on his left cheek on top of his dimple.
Brec: "I'm serious I better see it in fifth period "
Aaron: "Yes ma'am" he started eating his corn. The Joey walked up an hugged aaron.
Brec: "Hey Joey come sit" Ryan patted next to him.
Aaron: "Brec how you know my sister"
Brec: "She's kinda like my best friend here" we laughed and high five'd each other.
Joey: "Yeah we are really close Ron."
Aaron: "I guess, so Jo were you trying out for the cheer team with Bre?"
Ryan: "Yeah they both are, there gonna be cheering for us all season" he said putting his arms around me and Joey and smiling big.
Aaron: "But first they cheer for us, say it with me, lets go Aaron, lets go" he clapped at the end.
Everyone at the table laughed an then about five girls in blue shorts and yellow shirts.
One of them: "I hear you girls are trying out today"
Brec: "Umm, yeah are you the captain?"
One of them: "Yes I'm Jessica, and i wanted to know if any new girls were trying out for my position since I'm leaving an this scaredy cat behind me named Melissa doesn't wanna do it"
Ryan: "I think Brec Would be a great captain "
Jessica: "Really who is Brec?"
Brec: "I am, i mean i don't know what if they don't listen to me"
Jessica: "Trust me if your good they'll listen "
Brec: "Okay I guess, Joey are you ready "
Joey: "91% "
Brec: "Wonderful "
Melissa: "You know you guys can go down to the cheer gym, and practice with us"
Joey: "That might be best"
Brec: "Yeah i guess it would " as we stood one of the football players passed me he pushed me into Ryan's lap he was just as shocked as i was, I couldn't move, neither did he.
Aaron: "Oh snap well look at ya'll. Ryan rested his hand on my back and the other on his face covering himself because he was blushing. I crossed my legs and wrapped my arm around his neck and smiled, Aaron was taking a picture.
Nick: "That would be great for the yearbook."
Brec: "Okay now we really have to go. Bye guys" i said getting up from Ryan's lap and grabbing my purse and me and Joey walked away catching up with the five girls.

Ryan's POV
As Brec & Joey walked away i I uncovered my left hand from my face, an seen the guys looking at me smiling.
Mason: "Aww yall are so cute together kid."
Ryan: "I told you guys were not together, were just really good friends "
Nick: "Well are you taking your good friend to Homecoming?"
Sterling: "Yeah since she'll be cheer cap she'll most likely be homecoming queen, and either Jason or you will be king, and jason as Isabella so your a shoe in."
Nayeli: "Yeah, that's a perfect start."
Ryan: "Yall that's graet an all but all of us have to stay focused, she has to focus on being cheer captain, an she's trying out for soccer, she has a lot on her plate right now and so do i, it wouldn't work."
Sterling: "I hear ya bro but sometimes you gotta take chances "
Nayeli: "He's right, y'all are so cute together, don't think I didn't see how ya hand slid to her back," she laughed and walked away with sterling, were they right, did i just have to take a chance, i asked myself these questions as I went to all my classes. I really liked her but, i'd never admit that, she'll think i'm weak. I can't have that. What am i doing i have to focus , stay focused stay focused stay focused I repeated as i walked into the gym seeing the girls stretching in a circle, Brec turned her head and smiled at me. This was gonna be tough but hey I'm a tough guy, i can deal with a Small 104 Pound female . But i have to admit it was gonna be a challenge. While i was doing lay ups the girls left out in a line, probably to go run the track, with their ponytails whipping behind them. Brec's tannish skinned body was in front, with her long curly hair in a ponytail. What was she doing to me, this was not what I expected, this is weird. I wonder how she felt. " i was thinking to myself all practice. I couldn't shake it.

Brec's POV
Tryouts were amazing! I learned hardly everyone's names,there was Miranda, Emily, Jadah, Yaneth, Tony, Christina, Iesha, Brittany, Lakelynn, Noah, Ashley, Niavia, Destiny, Kennedy, Jordan, Melissa, Isabella, Ariana, and me, and Joey, Jessica doesn't count since she's leaving next week. We all made the team, it was exciting, i Also made captain, and head flyer since Jordan was to scared. We also have four guys on the team, Tyler, Dustin, Jake, And Trevor, Jake and Jadah were twins.
Me and Joey and Noah were walking from the track on the way to Bayfield Mall,noah Was gonna drive us there.
Noah: "Thanks Brec for helping me with my toe touches, it really helped me to get picked"
Brec: "No problem, you just have to relax and jump, but not touch your toes" we all laughed
Joey: "I can't believe i did those flips, it was all because of you Bee"
Brec: "Vice Versa it just takes time and practice." We got to Noah's car when she asked Joey to drive, because her body was hurting so bad, thats the price of looking your best and being your best. We didn't make it to the mall we were all dead tired so they both spent the night at my house , Now this was a beautiful friendship beginning.