Chapter 5

"You know this man?!" I shrieked.

"Ira-- wait how did you get these pictures?" she questioned me.

I had closed the closet while she was typing away on her phone and she hadn't even realized I was standing in front of her till I opened my mouth. 

"That doesn't answer the question!" I yelled. 

"The maid couldn't do the one task given to her before she was dismissed." she muttered under her breath.

"Do you even know how inconsiderate and selfish this man is? Well of course you don't. Your too blind to notice anything when it comes to your husbands stupid bussi-"

"SHUT UP, IRA! JUST BECAUSE I HELPED YOU DOESN'T MEAN YOU GET TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF ME LIKE THA-"

"Are you kidding me? I'm the one who was basically kidnapped! I'm sorry for not being grateful to being dragged to my husbands best friends house which I definitely did not all leave behind for valid reasons. What's going to happen next? Adrian's going to waltz in to send me back? I should have known the second I woke up. But you know it's hard for even people like me to believe there really is nobody in this world who you can trust." I laughed humorlessly. 

She shoved me against the wall and her long red acrylic nails wrapped around my neck as she ripped open my blouse. 

"What the hel-"

"I want to check something." she calmly said. 

"You can't just--" I stopped talking as she took out a black and red colored device that had her name on it in cursive. It was the size of a sharpie and had an empty glass compartment was attached to it. The other side had a silver claw which was connected to a chip. I did not like how sophisticated this tiny thing was. And neither did I like what this could possibly be used for. 

I tried moving her hand from my throat but she only squeezed harder. I tried moving around but her strength outweighed mine which was currently not in the best state. As she shifted to stab herself on the neck with the "pen" the slit in her dress revealed the multiple small knifes she had strapped to her thigh. I felt so stupid. Was I really just a few seconds ago angering the Regina of the Sicilian Mafia? She literally had the power to put me 6 feet under and we were friends. How were we friends again? 

Being distracted I didn't realize that the left strap of my bra had been pulled down and before I could process what she was doing she stabbed me on the left side of my chest with the pen she was holding. It now lit up and I could see dark colored smoke coming out of it. I felt as if I was being scorched with heat but at the same time I felt very cold. What in the world was in the pen? I gritted my teeth and was about to touch the spot she had stabbed when she shoved my hand away.

"What the hell did you do to me, Eva? What's in that thing??" I slurred while nausea started forming.

Her eyes widened as she stared at my chest and I looked down to see what she was looking at. There now lay a symbol of a red serpent that's heart had been slashed open in black. I tried rubbing it but it wouldn't come off.

"Wh-h-at iss thii-s? Wh-hat di-d you do-o to me? Evvaa?" I said while whatever it was started making me cry. 

Someone barged in and I turned with the support of the wall to see. Elias? What was he doing here? When did he start looking so hot? How come I haven't seen him in so long? I think I missed him a lot? I had to right? I wanted to hug him.. 

Some weird energy hit me and I slumped towards the ground and started mumbling to myself. I curled up into a ball and continued sobbing.