Chapter 17

Ira's POV

Now I wasn't dumb enough to enter through the main door and have everyone's attention on me.  Knowing that my cars data would be alerted in the system they would eventually find out anyway. But hopefully it was after knowing that Eva was safe. 

I silently pray while knocking on the backdoor. Hoping to find a familiar friendly face greet me rather than one of Aiden's snakes. 

Moments go by before I hear a beep and then the door slightly opening. A curly black bun pokes itself out and I came face to face with Natalia. 

The few seconds of surprise seeing me quickly vanishes as she throws open the door and squeals while running into my arms. 

"Avaa!! Omg I can't believe it! I missed you so much bestie! And nice costume!!"

"I missed you more, Natt. And thank youu! " I say while grinning into her shoulder. 

Her strawberry scent consumes me before she quietly ushers me in.

I thank the lords that I had come across her and not someone else. I grimace at how her hug had just awakened the pain in my stomach. 

We come across the kitchen and the aroma of the different foods hit me. Various courses of foods lay on the counter along with drinks and sweets. 

I hear distant chattering along the walls. 

Nat then again comes near me and hugs me again. 

"You know its so lonely around here without you coming to visit me. I know you told me to be strong for mom but now that she's gone I don't have that strength. I really do try Ira. I smile and listen to all of those people's horrible talks. Trying to not let their words bother me. It was easier when you were there..." she starts to sniffle. 

My heart throbs thinking about how a girl who was barely almost 19 had to keep to herself in such a dangerous household. I know they only kept her around because she was an excellent cook and her mother had worked for more than half her lifetime since she was alive. 

"I'm here now, Nat. I'm sorry I had to go that day. If things had turned out differently.." I murmur.

Nat just nods her head knowingly. 

A few moments pass and she looks behind me, I'm guessing at the monitor that shows the people in the living room.

I wait for a few more seconds before asking. 

"Where's Eva? I need to see her." 

Nat goes still in my arms and then tightly squeezes me.  

"Ava, she's not doing well. I haven't seen her like this before. Mr. Stryker has been hanging around the house for a while now. Which is not common. They have arguments but I only hear his voice over hers. A lot of furniture and other things had to have been thrown out because, I'm assuming it was from Mr. Stryker anger which lashed out on all of them." 

I try processing this information. I swear to the lords if that demon had put his hands on her.. 

"I would have to sneak you upstairs if you want to see her. Nobody has been allowed to go near her room obviously other then Mr. Stryker. It is risky but I really hope you can help her Ava." 

I nod. I hadn't come all this way to not know of her whereabouts or see her. 

"When can we go?" I ask. 

"Let's go now. The servers will be here any minute to bring all the food to the dining hall. I don't think I'll get called on towards there as all of Mr. Stryker's guests are the usual. Just follow my lead."

"Okay." 

Adjusting my appearance I follow her down the hallway and then up a pair of stairs. 

I notice that barely anything has changed since the last time I had come here. Obviously I had come here a while ago but that wasn't to this part of the house. Nat stops next to the door and quietly knocks. Someone responds and we go in. 

I gasp as the sight in front of me makes me sick.