Chapter 1

Lumine's POV:

I've been his secretary for so long. For so long have I had feelings for him. For so long I let him flirt. I pretending like I hated it, like he annoyed me. And I'm getting karma.
It was everywhere. Tartaglia CEO of the 11th Fatui dating Signora one of the Harbingers on the board.
I cried when I found out. But it's my own fault. I gave him the wrong signals.
I knocked on his door.
"Come in!" He called.
I walked in and saw signora on his lap. She glared at me.
"Sir I have schedule ready. Today you have-" before I could finish signora cut me off.
"Is this one of your play things? That's a short skirt. Doesn't surprise me you have girls whoring themselves our infront of you. You really should get a different secretary. I have Scaramouche!" She smiled.
My body froze. Whoring myself out? This is our dress code. Tartaglia is the reason I'm wearing this, he told me pencil skirts only or tight dresses that were business appropriate.
"She's fine. Lumine's my best employee. That's my dress code I put in place." He glared at signora.
For them dating they sure don't look very loving at each other.
"Don't you have work to do?" He glared at her.
"Fine fine! You're so mean to me~" she made a fake pouty face before leaving but before turning me around and knocking me papers down to the ground.
"Go on. Pick them up." She glared.
I went to kneel down when she pushed my stomach up and shoulders down so my skirt slide up. I quickly jumped up and pulled my skirt down. I wanted to say something but I couldn't. She's high up.
"There you go Tartaglia. Got the good look you wanted?" She smirked,
My face flushed as I realized why she did it. My panties had shown.
"M-My apologizes." I looked away upset.
She left and I kneeled down to grab the papers that bc had scattered when I noticed Tartaglia on his knees helping me.
"I'm sorry..." he apologized.
"I-It's okay! Sorry! I must have offended her in some way.." I faked laughed.
"No. As if I care. Your my secretary so you should know." He helped me up.
"Signora and my relationship is fake." He said.
"Eh?!?" I said shocked and he quickly covered my mouth.
"Shhh! It's for publicity. But she thinks it's real." He said not looking very happy.
I pulled his hand off my mouth. I felt relieved. I still have a chance. No no. Fake or not hes in a relationship.
"Why are you telling me this? Wouldn't it be better for me have not know the truth?" I asked.
"Well I didn't want want my cute secretary to get the wrong idea~" he began his flirting once again.
"Oh no sir I really mustn't. For your in a relationship! It can't ever be~" I made a fake sad face and pretended to be dramatic.
He frowned.
"That's not fair.."
"You really shouldn't flirt with me. Atleast not infront of people. You have to keep up that you are dating signora. we don't want a scandal of you cheating..." I sighed,
"Oh? Not in front of people? So you enjoy it?~" he smirked.
My face flushed.
"Come on Lumine.. You like me don't you? Don't think I didn't see how upset you were at the news of me having a girlfriend. I saw you being gloomy around the office. And anytime I'd come by you put on that fake costumer service smile. So many people could fall for. But not me. Bevause I know what your real smile is like.." he leaned in letting his thumb press agaisnt my lower lip.
I gulped. My face bright red. I was use to him doing this to me. Teasing me until I was bright red and stuttering or til I'd yell at him.
"Lumine..." he leaned in.
"W-We cant.." I pressed my finger to his lips.
He looked at me with saddened eyes.
"I'm your secretary. That alone is a scandal. Your in a relationship. I-I cant do that.." I looked at the floor.
"No one has to know.." he looked at me with cute pouty eyes.
"Tartaglia.." I sighed.
"Ajax.. no ones around.." he looked so hurt.
"We've been working together for so long. I remember your first day. You were a nervous wreck. You were so cute. Over time I flirted with you and you'd pretend you hate me. Yet id always catch you blushing. I know you like me too." He said as he had pressed me to the wall.
"Ajax, I.." I wanted this so bad.
But how could I?!? He's technically taken, he's my boss.
Suddenly we heard a knock and both jumped, I composed myself before opening the door.
"He's ready for you!" I smiled at the gentlemen who was here for his meeting. I handed Tartaglia a small note with codes that we made up in times like this where we don't have enough time to brief, he smiled at me and nodded.
And then I left. My face felt hot. Did he just confess to me? Why now?!? Couldn't that idiot have done it before he got himself into a fake relationship! What am I going to do?!
"You." I heard.
I looked over to see signora.
"Hello Miss!" I bowed.
"You sure are cute. Your face is red. Weren't you two just briefing his schedule?" She asked,
"Yes." I answered.
"You like him don't you~" she got close to me,
"That would be unprofessional of me." I quickly composed myself.
"Hm... I'm not sure I believe that. But I'll let you go for now. Also he likes lace, not cotton~" she smirked.
"Cotton?" I then flushed.
"It's not for him. It's for my comfort. Now I have to go. Excuse me Miss." I began to walk away.
What is her deal?!? I cant even tell if she actually likes him. Maybe she's just in it for the money.