Chapter 55 A Dream Within A Dream

Because of the truth; which lives in us and will be with us forever.

~2 John 1:2~

   As their rings fell hard on the ground under their feet, the sound shot up inside your ears, like a gunshot, reverberating hard and cutting off any other sound that might be coming from the forest that was spreading all around you, only adding to the surreal vibe that this whole situation had, with you standing inside a circle of killers, ready to die at any given moment. But no, no, no, this was by far the last of your concerns once their rings fell on the ground and they both looked straight at you. Because their forms altered, in a blink of an eye. The air around their bodies rippled for just a mere second, before their bodies changed.

   And you found yourself looking at a nightmare.

And your heart dropped in complete horror inside your chest.

 Firstly, your eyes fell on the friend you used to call Jack these past few days, the one that saved you in Chemistry and knocked off many of your bullies all by himself. You gazed upon him as his healthy looking skin started acquiring a very unnatural tone, turning in a terrifying ashy black and blue tint, something that no human would be able to possess naturally in his entire life and afterlife combined and a color that you had never seen in your entire life. Not only it wasn't normal, but it was horrifying as well. You watched, completely unable to do anything but stare, as his light blue eyes disappeared completely, leaving only two empty eye sockets to where his eyes were supposed to be, that immediately started 'crying' black tears, that mostly looked somewhat goo like, rather than real tears. The tears in particular were painful to see, since they appeared to be somehow extremely hot, running slowly down his cheeks, but he appeared to pay them no attention. It was rather unnerving to look into his empty eye sockets, making you wonder nonetheless, how on earth had this happened to him, how he lost his eyes and if he was in fact completely blind or not. By the way he was silently and calmly looking back at you, you assumed that he must have a certain 'way' of seeing, other than eyesight.

 After your brain decided that you had seen enough, you turned to Jeff. And boy, where you in for a bigger surprise.

   If you were considering his skin in an unnatural white shade right from the moment you had first seen him, the perfectly white shade that it now possessed was strongly reminding you of snow. It was a perfect match for his white hoodie that was stained with some red substance in various spots, making you highly doubt any thought that suggested that it was tomato juice. His skin, even from where you were standing, appeared to have a leathery feel, being rough even by just looking at it. Looking up, it took you a few moments to realize that his smirk was no longer a smirk; no, it had turned into a Chelsea smile, that reached high up into his cheeks and had begun to ooze blood from the edges, since the raven-haired man was smiling wider and wider to you, responding cockily to your desperate gaze. And, of course, all these were definitely not enough, since you immediately notice that his eyes are not blinking at all. No, his stare is constant and dark marks are gracing his skin around the eye sockets, making you wonder what had happened to his eyelids. You shook this question away from your mind; you didn't need an answer to that question.