Chapter 65: Calm

Your eyes opened catching a full view of Momo's lovely face. You sat there admiring her until the memories of yesterday come flooding in, you hesitantly remove yourself from her grasp and grab a pillow, putting it in your place so she doesn't get uneasy. You grab your phone and stealthily step outside onto the balcony. You tap on Gang Orca's contact knowing he'd be just about to go on patrol, so you should be able to catch him. The phone rang a couple of times until- 

Gang Orca: "Y/n? I didn't expect to be hearing from you so soon, is it something important?"

Y/n: "Yes, I spoke with my homeroom teacher and there's something that has come up, so I'm requesting for personal reasons to change my schedule completely. I'll understand if you can't but I just want to say this is my top priority."

Gang Orca could sense the determination in your voice and cleared his throat.

Gang Orca: "What did you have in mind?"

Y/n: "I'd prefer weekends off and to work Monday to Friday."

Gang Orca: "I'm going to have to deny this request..."

Y/n: "Then I'll have to-"

Gang Orca: "Please let me finish, the reason you were adding a day was to get a day where Earphone Jack and Tentacole aren't present to focus on Team Skull, with the schedule you propose it does just that, but seeing how hard your classmates had to work to maintain their grades while taking the provisional course I can't in good conscience let you miss all of the school days. Therefore, my final offer is four weekdays with one weekday and the weekend off."

You couldn't help but smile. He truly does care about your well-being.

Gang Orca: "I'll let you decide based on what works best which day you want off, and send me what you decide, but I highly suggest picking either Friday or Monday. Unless you want to spend significantly more time traveling."

You chuckle at this

Y/n: "No sir, I'll be sure to let you know as soon as possible. Thank you!"

Gang Orca: "Take care Y/n."

You walk back into the room, wiggle your way into the pillow's position, and studied Momo's peaceful face until her eyelids started to flutter, and her face scrunched up at the sound of your alarm. You turned off the noise and waited patiently as the black iris looked back at you. 

Y/n: "Good morning, love."

She smiled and opted for a kiss instead of a verbal response. After breaking the kiss she tried to get up, but you pulled her right back down, preventing her from escaping the warm blankets. She gave a pout trying to read your face for the reason for this protest.

Momo: "Why are you stopping me? We have school in case you forgot."

Y/n: "I know, I just need to talk with you before we have to babysit the class."

She giggles, nodding.

Y/n: "Do you know what days you'll be working at the Majestic agency?"

Momo: "He said that Thursday to Sunday would be best."

Those words hurt, the fact your original schedule lined up with hers was just your luck. You gave a sad smile and nodded, Momo noticed this and questioned your sadness.

Momo: "Why the sad look?"

Y/n: "That was my schedule before I committed to training Eri on weekends again."

Her mouth morphed into the same sad smile. You knew you were doing the right thing, but was it too much to ask to catch a break once in a while?

Y/n: "With that in mind, I guess I'll be working Tuesday to Friday. That way we'll at least have Monday together. Are you okay with that?"