Same time, Different place: Chapter two

(Sorry I haven't updated! I need to get better at updating more often... Anyway hope you like this chapter, and please leave feedback!!!! I love hearing from you guys! Anyway, enjoy your reading! 😜)

{Deans POV}

Dun.... Dun Dun Dun..... Dun Dun Dun.... Dun Dun Dun.....
I open my eyes to the start of one of my favorite songs ever. Seriously! I even have a dance choreographed to it and everything! (See video above) I would never mention this to Sammy though... I'd never hear the end of it!

"Rising up, back on the streets. Did my time, took my chances." I sing the lyrics as I get up and walk down towards my little brother Sammy's room.

"Went the distance, now I'm back on my feet. Just a man and his will to survive..."

"Rise and shine Sammy!!!!" I scream bursting in to his room. He responds by throwing his pillow at me and telling me to "stop with that stupid song".

I toss the pillow back and ruffle his hair before turning away to turn off my blaring alarm.

"Come on Sammy! You don't want to be late on your first day of high school do you?" I yell in his direction.

"It's Sam, and why does it even matter? We will be gone as soon as dad gets back anyway." He grumbles following me down the hall.

Our dad is rarely ever home, and when he is its not good either. His "job" causes us to move around a lot, but truthfully I think it's probably because he gets in trouble with the law. It's not uncommon to be shoved awake in the middle of the night and be told "Pack your things, we are leaving. NOW!" And then I would scramble to throw the few things I have into a duffle bag, and help Sammy do the same. I never get attached to anyone each time we move, because I know I will never see them again in a few weeks. Sam is not so lucky... He always ends up with a best friend or girlfriend he will not even get to say goodbye to. But if dad says we gotta go, we gotta go.

"Awwww come on Sammy! It's not so bad." I said, not even believing the words coming out of my mouth.
"At least you don't have that psycho girl, Marco? Or whatever her name was, stalking you anymore."

"It was Madison, and just because she was around me a lot, does not mean she was a stalker. And while she did act somewhat crazy, she was in no way a psycho Dean.
Sammy retorts brushing past me with his hair sticking up in all directions.

"Whatever Sammy. Now hurry up and get ready! And make sure to do something with your hair. Or you could just bring me some scissors and I'll do it for you. I don't want to be know as, that dude with the crazy hair's, brother."
I chuckle to myself as Sam sticks his tongue out before closing the bathroom door. I walk back to my room and lye down on my bed.

Urrrg I don't want to go to a new school. I put on my brave face for Sammy, I dread today. It will be just like all the others. Fake friends, fake smiles, fake backstory to cover up my past, and lots and lots of lies about how my family life is just fine and dandy. At least dad finally decided to move back to Kansas. I admit, even though this place is full of bad memories, most of my happy ones are here too.

My mind drifts back to before my mom died and everything changed. There were lots of happy memories, birthday parties, barbecues, the day Sam was born, but most of all what I remembered was a boy. He had bright blue eyes that I really could never forget. And his smile. God, he was adorable. But after the night of the fire, I never even got the chance to say goodbye. Cas, was his name. And he was my first, and last, best friend.

I sigh as I rise from the depths of my subconscious and face reality. I get dressed, slipping on jeans, a green shirt and my favorite leather jacket. I add a final touch by slipping a lucky amulet Sam had given me for Christmas many years ago around my neck. I was going to need all the luck I could get today.