chapter three

three.

Unlike Gunna, Chloe didn't have a specified time she gave into her creative work. If she got inspired it just came. Gunna on the other hand needed inspiration. Though his verse was already finished, he felt the need to change it. Thinking over it, his lyrics were probably a little too vulgar as the context of the song wasn't meant to be received in that capacity. He decided to do some of the motions that would give off the vibe to create a love song.

To eat at the day the two explored the outskirts of LA, heeding way to a day that went nonstop. The rapper treated her to whatever she wanted. Not that Chloe was an opportunist, she had her own money and was far from needing anyone to supply any of her needs or wants. Yet, that didn't mean she didn't know how to utilize a situation to her advantage.

Places such as Bulgari and Tiffany and Co were visited. It was a change that Chloe didn't mind. Even she could admit that it was a little crazed that she was receiving wife material in only their third day of knowing each other.

It was a little after seven and the sun was beginning to set before the pair made it to the studio. After introductions were made between Chloe and the producer, the beat began to fill the room. The producer ran the track on a loop five times before anyone actually got into the booth. Chloe rested on one of the couches behind the mix table as Gunna went in first. A smile graced her lips as she saw him in his element. He had done exactly what he said he would do and changed the nature of the song.

Small pattering was heard on the wooden floor. She soon lifted from her rested position on the couch once she felt small movements crowd her feet. A chain dangled as she picked up a dog who couldn't have been more than 25 pounds. From the side she observed his chain hoping to find out who his owner was or at most a number she could contact.

"Your name is Pepper, how cute! Let's see who you belong to." Chloe turned him around and he immediately began licking her. Smiling she began to laugh, "Ok ok let me see. I don't think you belong to him. Solàna—" before she could even register who it may or may not be, a soft voiced engulfed the loud room.

"Pepper, you literally never want to get down. Where are you going?"

Chloe almost passed out, having an eruptious scream leave her throat. SZA jumped from how loud in decimals her pitch reached. Her anxiety was about to reach an all time high in just a matter of seconds. Her chest heaved a bit as Chloe could see she was visibly frightened. The two singers both had soft tones, but Chloe's voice got even softer and wavered a bit, "I am so sorry. I didn't mean to scare you."

"Don't worry, I didn't know you knew who I was." Her face slightly scrunched into a twist in a neutral way that didn't cause any form of distaste. Her bottom lip found its way stuck between her teeth, trying to collect her nerves. She didn't want to spoil the moment because she couldn't handle a little fangirling.

"What? Are you living on a different Earth right now? I could go on and on about your music. And let's not get started on your unreleased shit which you need to drop. You're literally a goddess." Chloe immediately ended her sentences, if not she would've rambled on and on.

In a different time, or hell even place she and SZA were together. Chloe wasn't delusional often, but for the right person it would be well received. The younger girl had dreamed of this moment in several different fonts. In some she was simply just a huge fan who would do anything to be in the booth with her; in others she was getting her back blown out by her in the middle of nowhere on an island. Being able to play Sex on the Beach by PARTYNEXTDOOR was high on her bucket list and it would be checked off. Once again delusional, or maybe she was just plain optimistic.

For someone so talented Solàna hated the industry. When talking about her music with others she didn't know exactly how to feel. She figured her music was higher than average because of her success, but there was always that nagging feeling of those who just would never like you. That scared here. She sent a half hearted smile to the girl who had rightfully placed Pepper back into her arms. "Well thank you, I really appreciate it."