chapter seven

seven.

Chloe spent countless days and nights in the studio. With Halle still overseas, the creative process was a little slower than normal. But it generated constantly as each melody became words and each tune became a beat to establish the beginnings of a song. Making music without Halle wasn't the same. Turning off her sound mixer she allowed her fingers to glide over each button, no longer eager to make anything. Each time she tried to write fully, her mind would go blank. It was just one of those nights.

Moreover, this particular night was reserved for self care and reflection. She spent genuine time with herself to remember the things she enjoyed and gravitated to before all of the mishaps that were known as relationships. Chloe hadn't been in many, but the ones she were in were meaningful and something worth relishing at one point and time.

Now, things were difficult and messy.

Pulling out her iPad she used the stylus pen to scroll to a doodling app. If she hadn't taken up the artistry of performing, she would have been in an art school. But then again her art didn't fit in a specific category or medium, so it would've been a waste of time and money. Clicking on the different categories, Chloe soon got frustrated and exited out of the app. New aged technology would never amount to the simplicities of paper and pencil. Leaving yet another empty sketch to sit and collect dust, she clicked on the Mail icon.

Sifting through the irrelevant spam emails that surfaced in her inbox, she came across an invite to a safari park. Her left eyebrow rose in curiosity. She'd only permanently lived in California for a year and had never been to the state's zoo or animal sanctuary. Exiting another app one more time to see if her calendar showed anything of importance, she easily rearranged her schedule. Anything that screamed nature brought peace of mind and serenity to her life.

The weather would be nice and airy, sporting a little breeze. No heat meant no smell. It never occurred why people preferred the zoo in summer months. After confirming her pass, she made a mocktail and grabbed a premade bowl of fruit. Checking the locks on the door and cutting off the lights, her and Poseidon entered her bedroom. His fast leaps caused her to almost trip as she removed her bunny slippers.

After allowing the covers of her bed to drown her she turned on the television. Even though Chloe was sleepy, she wasn't ready to call it a night.

Surfing through the Drama section of Netflix, she settled on Scandal. How fitting, she thought. She smiled feeling Poseidon's soft touch next to her. After about thirty minutes of intensely watching Olivia Pope be a badass, while also having an affair with the president put her mind at ease as she drifted off to sleep. Poseidon quickly followed suit, as if he were her protector waiting until she closed her eyes to ensure she'd sleep well.

The entire night she tossed and turned. Chloe's excitement about the day caused her to wake up earlier than she should've. Stretching, she unintentionally woke Poseidon's sprawled figure. She swiftly reached out to her phone to snap a photo before he realized what she was doing and moved. Sending it to her sibling group chat, messages flooded in from their brother Branson. It mainly consisted of inquiries of when she would return to Georgia.

Once ChloexHalle became bigger than a sister duo, the two vowed to never forget their origins. And they didn't. Life wasn't hard growing up, but it also wasn't roses and daises. Now, life was starting to move really fast for the two outside of the group. This made it even harder to stick to their promise.