chapter six

six.

Pausing for just a minute, or better yet a fragment of a second would ease the impenetrable headache that continued to remain on the left side of Chloe's forebrain. At this point it had became a migraine that couldn't be relieved with the consumption of medication.

Though the pounding increased, she held a neutral expression as she sat waiting for her next instructions. For two days straight the music video for you & me took place either super late at night, or early in the morning before the sun could peek through the horizon. There was good traction on the release of the song, so with good responses, came urgency.

The stunt the rapper pulled sent the internet into a frenzy, causing the two to work even harder to finish the project. Because he insisted to have it released on Valentine's Day, anyone involved had to work overtime. Using mindful meditation was the only thing that kept her sane throughout the entire process.

Laying in a bed next to him was probably the third hardest thing she had to do in her entire twenty-four years of living. To be in the same vicinity as him brought uneasiness to her stomach. Any touch of affection the pair had to display made her feel clammy and gross. From touching to groping, holding hands, to hugging, she had to smile amongst it all. She had to draw out the feelings of lust to prove they were in love, while also allowing her body to be relaxed and convincing. Whether the public drew up their own opinions, it had to be believable to the director above all else. The camera never lied. No matter how you tried to spin it, authenticity had to be center. At times it could be even harder to believe the truth as the truth.

After four outfit changes, the creative director finally settled on a final shot. But, the final shot had no exact time frame. It could be now or in three hours. Nevertheless, Chloe was done. Her body was starting to feel aches from the constant wear of heels in almost every shot.

Agreeing to a review, she was able to sit. She brought her hands to her lower back, using her palms in an attempt to rub the pain away.

Viewing the promotional pictures with the photographer, she turned to her manager, Shermay. Taking a deep breath she placed down one of the blown up photos. They looked good. All of them. Even the ones with her and Sergio together. "Is it okay if we call it a day. We can just send the ones we like back to them, right?" Her eyes told a story of their own. Regardless of if she would admit that she was exhausted or not, her body gave the allusion that she was.

She brought her fingers to her wrist to check her pulse, silently counting how many beats would pass. It was a technique she used when the rare feelings of anxiety would occur. It wasn't a secret that she was afraid of failure, who wasn't? But that wasn't an exact affect now. Chloe began to feel weary of not being enough, as she felt the abrupt ending of everything today was her fault.

"Everybody clear out, now. You too, what are you even doing?" Shermay had pointed out a small white man, that presumably worked in the photo editing department. His entire existence screamed oddity that wasn't exactly peculiar.

Assuming he would blend in he fumbled to put his iPad in its respective case. Without another look he scurried away before anyone could ask more questions. "What's wrong Chlo Bear?" Taking a seat, she removed Chloe's hat and brought her hands to the young woman's face. She allowed Chloe's head to rest on her chest, and rubbed horizontally across the young woman's back. "You know I can say something to his elf ass, he ain't nobody." Seeing that Chloe wasn't responding she was fine with just letting her be for a second.