chapter five

five.

Once inside Chloe was met with a few of Megan's dogs who were a little too active before the sun could rise. Bending down, she divulged into fun with them, but noticed Solàna had left her to fend for herself. Finding the first unoccupied room, she removed her heels and dress almost immediately.

After taking a shower Chloe realized she didn't have anything to protect her hair. The plastic shower cap was not going to cut it for the night. Steam would emit from it and have her head sweating against the pillow. Sifting through the drawers in Megan's guest room, she was able to find clothing of different size ranges. Throwing on night clothes, she sat and lotioned her body. She texted Megan, but got no response. Locked hair was still hair and needed to be treated with the upmost care just as loose naturals. The only other option she had was to ask the only other person in the house.

It seemed like it took forever to travel the depths of Megan's home. The layout was fairly simple and easy to follow, but the amount of spaces that looked like rooms threw her off. Bringing her ear to the cold door she knocked softly. It was one of three rooms that she hadn't quite reached yet. A tired, "Come in," reverberated off of the door.

Solàna looked like a child as the covers were brought to her neck. She mindlessly watched the television, letting out a few giggles at the sitcom that played. Chloe cracked her fingers, not really wanting to make eye contact. "Are you okay?" She had reached her hand out of the covers to pause the television show. Not wanting to do more work, she clapped her hands to turn on the side lamp.

"Yeah, I just came to see if you had an extra bonnet or scarf?"

"Is that all?" She was hoping that Chloe would miraculously want to be around her more than five seconds. Solàna wasn't going to lie and say her mood wasn't affected from the disagreement that occurred earlier in the car. She felt bad. Even if it wasn't because of the girl standing in front of her. There were things she could apologize for.

"Yeah."

"Oh, okay cool. There's one in the top drawer in the bathroom, toward the left." Muttering a quick thank you she made way to the bathroom and found both. After securing the scarf and bonnet around her head, she walked out to see Solàna was now sitting up."Before you go, can we talk?"

"Um sure." Chloe awkwardly stood there until she motioned for her to sit on the opposite side of the bed.

Chloe brought her legs to her chest as Solàna turned to face her. "About earlier. I probably shouldn't have done that. I'm sorry." There was a lot of things the singer was probably sorry for. It was no denying that the entire night she was a handful intentionally and unintentionally, depending on the situation. But Chloe knew exactly what she was apologizing for.

Pulling at the strings in the comforter set she replied, "I completely understand where you're coming from. I will admit that I didn't mind it at all though."

Suddenly feeling cold she got under the covers, but allowed the headboard to support her so she wasn't too comfortable enough to not want to make an exit. She shook a little to get used to the coolness that the previously unoccupied covers held.

"Okay since you're settled, can I ask you a question, I'm not probing. I promise," Solàna tugged at Chloe's arm pulling her closer. She felt the gap was too big between them. "Are you with him?" She knew it wasn't her place to ask, but she wanted to know anyway. Regardless of her answer, it wouldn't stop Solàna from getting what she wanted.

Chloe laughed into Solàna's neck. Somehow any conversation she had with her surfaced to him in some fashion. "Technically, no. I think it started out more so as a marketing scheme after I agreed to be featured on the song. We've only known each other for like what four months and I still don't know who he is. So even if there was more than just a little something there, I wouldn't take him seriously."