His Revenge

Game: Plants vs. Zombies

Genre: Romance

***

I didn't know how long I've spent planning just to take her back from me. The only girl I've loved was lying next to me. She was feeble, like most of us. Seeing her like this made my heart shatter into pieces. I loved her so much that I'd do everything for her.

When I first found her after the apocalypse, she was too weak to even speak. I was working at the hospital that time. I tried everything I could do to help her, but unexpectedly, I became like her. Not a single soul on the planet was spared. We all became zombies.

Unlike the others, I was trying to figure out how I could live back to normal. I was Dr. Zomboss after all. There was nothing I couldn't do. And even though it's a bit difficult for me to think and move because I was obviously a walking dead, I was still able to create Zombot, which helped me reach a part of the city one afternoon. There was a huge gate standing infront of me, but thanks to my invention, I was able to break my way inside.

My jaw almost dropped (which didn't happen thankfully because if it did, my face would surely look weirder than it was already) when I saw humans walking around. There were still actual breathing human beings on Earth? A ray of hope surged upon me, but I was mad. I was mad because these people didn't even do anything to save us. They left us and created another world of their own. It was unjust.

Instead of being happy, I went back to where my fellow zombies were and gathered them around. I told them about my plan. They were elated to know that they still have a chance to be humans again after eating human brains. And though their faces showed no emotion, I knew they were all up for it.

"We're... gonna... be... humans... again... my... dear," I whispered to my beloved softly and slowly. She just nodded her head weakly, as I caressed her hair. We'll eat your brains soon, humans!

First Wave

We started marching our way to the gated community at dawn and when we reached there, it was already high noon. The sun was scorching hot, burning our already dead skin. The fields were filled with sunflowers, which I haven't noticed when I first came here. As soon as the humans saw us, they all started running for their pathetic little lives, while we attacked them.

They were helpless little creatures crying and pleading. But what could I do? I was helpless as well. I needed to eat their brains to become human again. I didn't know how much we should eat, but as long as there were humans around, we wouldn't stop.

We entered every house and ate everyone's brains. The taste lingered in my mouth, as memories came surging up my mind. I felt stronger and better just like a real human again. I had never felt this good in my life. I killed more humans to get their brains and send them to my beloved. She needed these the most. I didn't want seeing her weak anymore.

And alas, after my friends had enough of brains, we all returned back to our place. Everyone seemed a little bit different, less 'zombie-ish'. I quickly sent the brains I've collected to my beloved and boy, how she loved eating them. After how many years, her craving was finally sufficed. I watched her in utmost glee as she indulged herself with the brains.

There was nothing more I could ask for. Just seeing her feeling satisfied and happy was enough. But I wished I could say I wanted to stop killing humans and getting their brains. It just couldn't end like that. I needed more.

Second Wave

The first time we entered the gated community, no one stopped us. We just entered easily without having to deal with anything. I thought they were dumb to just let us do that again. But this time, it was different. We reached there at the same time - exactly high noon - with high spirits that we'd be able to become humans again. But the moment we saw those sunflowers all lined up infront of every house, we knew they were prepared for our next visit.

The others have already started walking towards every house so I made my way to a certain house as well. As I took a step forward, something hit me on my shoulder. When I looked up, I was stunned to see peas shooting me around. They looked like hybrid peas designed to attack us. I watched my friends die in the hands of those peas. I couldn't afford to die now, that was the only thing on my mind that time.

With the help of my other zombie friends, we were still able to defeat those preventing us from entering the house. I savoured eating every piece of brain those humans have. And as I kept on eating, I felt more and more human again. I could feel my heart beating louder more than ever.

"My love, we'll soon become humans. We'll finally live a normal life again," I hushed, caressing her hair, as soon as we got back to our place.

She looked at me and smiled. That was the first time I've ever seen her smile again and there were no words for me to explain how happy I was seeing her like that. Even though she still hasn't spoken a thing, I could see it in her eyes that she was happy. And that was what I was going to do until the end.

Final Wave

I gathered every zombie that I knew and told them a strategic plan on attacking the humans. I was so sure that they've prepared something in return to kill us. Maybe not only peas would shoot us this time. Of course, we couldn't just go there and let ourselves die infront of them. We needed to outsmart them if we wanted to fully become humans again.

After telling them the plan, we started to make our way towards the humans' territory. We were in line according to our groups. That was a part of the plan. We'd attack them in groups, first the weakest then followed by the strongest. I belonged to the strongest with Zombot as my shield.

As I was preparing, my beloved suddenly approached me from behind. She had this innocent look in her eyes which I remembered to be one of the few things I loved about her. "Yes, my love?" I asked her.

"Please don't go," she said, startling me 'cause she finally spoke after how many years.
I smiled at her. "I'll come back with more food for you, my love. "

She shook her head. "I don't need more food. Please stop killing those humans."

"But love, we need them to live. We need them to feel again... to become humans again," I insisted.

"We're ought to die, Zomboss. We don't have to kill humans just to be like one again. That's not what I want," she said, tears escaping from her eyes.

When realization hit me, I moved closer to her and gave her a hug. She was right. We were already dead. I was so blinded by my thoughts of getting revenge from those humans that I forgot my real reason of doing it. It was because I love this girl so much. As we stood there facing each other, something hit me, causing me to freeze on my spot. And I couldn't be any happier dying in the arms of my love.

****