Chapter 24: Changed Behaviors

NEXT DAY

"We are attending a party tonight" Adhiraj said drinking the dates milkshake.

"Whose?" She asked knowing that there was no invite sent to him in physical as everything passed by her before reaching Adhiraj by the helps in the palace.

"Just get ready on time. A few selected members from each faculty would also be there" He stood up, after finishing his breakfast. Taking the tin of snacks on the table, she quickly ran behind him.

"Its an hour drive so we will all leave at 5. You can take a break from work at 4" He said authoritative voice. She nodded her head with her attention drifting to what she should wear for the evening.

"You'll come for lunch?" She asked wondering if he'd drop by her place like he always did.

"Can't say" He gave her vague answers as his attention was highly on his phone.

Not wanting to lash out on him, she looked out of the window, creating a list of works that she should do as soon as she reached the restaurant.

"Who is coming to the party?" She asked so she should discuss what they were wearing.

"Ruhanika would be there" He said motioning her to check her phone. She quickly opened it and looked at the names and found Ruhanika and Rudraansh were on the list. Kaira asked help from Diya on what to wear when Yuvaan stepped in for lunch and Kaira asked him for suggestions.

"Let's go shopping" Yuvaan said excitedly.

"I'm working" Kaira said stopping him.

"Diya please handle it" Yuvaan said pulling Kaira out. They spent an hour looking for the perfect evening gown but nothing caught her eye.

"How would a saree look like?" She asked Yuvaan trusting his fashion sense more than hers.

"You could wear that. I'm mean you are indeed going there as his wife so...Yupp you should look for a saree" Yuvaan said changing the route and took her to a saree explodium. Yuvaan dropped her at the palace at around 3 with a saree she chose and bought.

"Rani sa Rani sa" A helper ran behind her stopping her.

"Rana sa said to give this to you" She gave her a gift-wrapped box to her. Kaira thanked her and walked to the room wondering what the gift is. She placed the box and the paper bag on the bed and was about to open it when her phone pinged with a notification.

-Adhiraj
Wear this tonight

Kaira stared at her phone with a frown.

"Where's the Hello? Hi? How are you? Direct 'wear this'. Naukhar hoon main? Nahi pehnungi, 'Love you' kisi aur ladki ko bol rahe hai aur rob mujhpe kar rahe hai. Nahi pehungi jab tak mera maan na kare because mein ghumu, phiru, nachu, gau, khelu, kudu, aapko kya? It is my marzi." She said throwing the phone on table and opened the box he sent just to check what it contained.

She opened the box to find a grey sparkly saree.