Chapter 38: Soft Romance

ASK AUTHOR A QUESTION > > > > > > > >

Adhiraj and Kaira settled in the car.

"Will you now tell me what I did when I was drunk?" She asked him hoping he would now answer her.

"I'll tell you when time comes. One thing you can know is that drunk Kaira is way more fun than the sane one" Adhiraj said snickering, remembering her drunken moments.

"That was so much information" She sarcastically replied him back.

"That sassy mouth will get you in trouble one day" Adhiraj looked at her dangerously.

"So far it hasn't landed me in trouble. When trouble comes, I'll figure it out" She winked at him smiling.

"Masterpiece"

"Yupp. You are lucky to have that single copy of the masterpiece" She complimented herself. Adhiraj shook his head at her.

"How are things with your brother? The other night you looked on the verge of crying" Adhiraj looked at the road and her at regular intervals.

"Nothing, just bhai being dumb as always. Trishul was lying when he said that it was bhai who threatened him when in reality bhai didn't even know I was going to run away" She said looking out of the window.

"So all's cool with your sibling now?" Adhiraj held her hand from her lap.

"I guess yeah" She leaned onto the window and looked at him.

"Why don't you call them tonight at the palace?" Adhiraj insisted.

"No. Not now. I might have forgiven but it will take time to erase the gap of 7 years. Misunderstanding has been cleared but the hurt the heart felt will take time to heal. Ini shiqayaate hai unse, ek ghaante mein saari bayaan nahi hogi (There are many complaints which won't be cleared in one hour)" She said with a sad smile.

"Don't go so rough on them, specially your sister. She must have got cold feet and ran away" Adhiraj rubbed his thumb on her soft skin unconsciously.

"Why shouldn't I? If she didn't want to get married to you then she should have refused the proposal what was this running away shit she pulled on? All that drama that happened that day, what me and mumma got to hear those taunts. Did you know someone even commented that the bridal lehenga was too simple. Aisa hai toh khud kharidlo na aunty. (If its such than buy it yourself aunty)" Kaira started getting angry remembering her wedding day.

"Not to forget my bua too" Adhiraj said laughing.

"Your bua... Like why seriously? Dadi is chill, ma is chill, masi is also chilled out then why is she so.. you know like someone stuck a stick up her ass. She's here just with one motive, get Radhika near Adhiraj" Kaira said annoyed.

"What say lady? Ho jao uske nasdeek? (Shall I get close to her?" He teased her.

"And what happens after that, I can't guarantee" She said smugly.

"Jealousy does suit my wife"

"Its not jealousy. Am territorial. Jealousy is when you wish for something that's not yours but being territorial is protecting what's yours" She said looking at him challengingly.

"Whatever you say" Adhiraj agreed with her.

"The kid there is cute, isn't he?" They were at the junction, waiting for the red light to turn green when Kaira looked over to the other side of the street where the child was tugging on his mother to buy him an icecream.