Chapter 5: You Are Familiar

Kaira walked out of the room into the balcony overlooking the courtyard pulling her knees to her chest. Adhiraj walked out changing into track pants and a loose t-shirt and sat beside Kaira on a chair.

"Your friends have gone?" He asked pouring her a glass of water. She nodded her head absentmindedly.

"You were lost somewhere during pheras" Adhiraj pointed out relaxing in the garden chair.

"I... I was lost in thoughts" She said placing her feet down and removing her bangles and placing them on the coffee table between them.

"I was thinking of another man while taking the pheras with you" She said looking down feeling ashamed.

"You are in love with someone else?" He asked with wide-eyes cursing himself for not clearing that earlier.

"No no... You are thinking of it wrong. I was in love with someone else. It was during my teenage years. We... He... We were an 'item' during our teenage years but we had been so in love that we had already planned out our wedding and the vows we would take" She said clutching her fists tightly.

"Then?" Adhiraj asked curiously.

"He betrayed my trust. He left me when I needed him the most. I had forgotten everything about him in all these years but the pheras brought back the memories" She said sadly.

"I basically cheated on you" She said standing up in shock, holding her hands to her mouth.

"Kairaa" Adhiraj chuckled and pulled Kaira back to her seat. She looked at him worriedly.

"You might have held another man in your heart as you took the vows with me but dear... you took the vows with me and I have a feeling that you aren't the type of woman who cheats on her husband" He said walking to her seat and kneeling in front of her, holding her both hands in his.

"Are you going to cheat on me Kaira?" He asked sternly. Kaira immediately refused with wide eyes.

"Good because if you were to cheat, I would have to erase your existence. I can forgive mistakes not sins and I believe anything that breaks a person's trust is a sin" He said sternly gripping her hands.

"Are we clear on that Kaira?" Kaira quickly nodded her head.

"Good. Go get dressed for the night. If you need help, call me, I'll be here" He said standing up and walking back to his sofa chair.

"I..I...I have a question" She said holding her finger up like a student in a class. Adhiraj cocked his eyebrow at her interestedly.

"What if you cheat?" She asked stuttering.

"You want to know a secret?" He turned towards her side and placed his elbows on his knees.

"I was thinking about my first love too while taking the pheras" He said with a sad smile. She looked at him shocked.

"Its late, we should sleep" Adhiraj stood up and stretched his entire body as Kaira sat there still under shock.

"You are familiar Rana ji. I can't shake off the feeling. Have we met before?" She asked suddenly surprising him.

"No" He replied looking at the courtyard.

"Are you sure? My sixth sense says I know you, not like friends...something more. You feel alot like someone I've known for a long time" Kaira argued.

"We've not met before dear"

"Okay" She replied getting silent again.

"You still didn't answer me" She said stopping him from going.