Chapter 30: Reality Check

Kaira woke up with her alarm piercing through her ears. Smiling widely, she got out of the bed and quickly showered, dressing up for the day. She decided to go for a white turtleneck top with white pants, paired with a beanie and peach overcoat.

 She decided to go for a white turtleneck top with white pants, paired with a beanie and peach overcoat

She knocked excitedly on Adhiraj's door. Adhiraj climbed out of the bed grumpily and opened the door to find an over excited Kaira at the door. All the events of last night flooded back in his mind, and so did his anger and frustration.

"Yes?" He asked in his formal tone.

"Sight-seeing" She replied happily, giving him the most beautiful smile.

"We aren't going" Saying that he shut the door, leaving her shocked and confused. She again knocked on his door, asking him to open up.

"What?" He asked yawning.

"Why aren't we going?" She asked sadly.

"Because I don't want to" He said as a matter of fact.

"But why? Give me atleast one reason why we can't go out for sightseeing" She really hoped that it was something serious because of which he didn't want to go out for sightseeing becase she wanted to go and explore the place. Adhiraj had been the best tour guide in all her other explorations, during the 6 months.

"Am the boss Miss Sharma. I ask questions" He replied angrily.

"I don't care. You had said earlier that we will go but now you are saying we aren't going, why?" She asked defeatedly.

"Am not answerable to you" He was to close the door but she pushed it open and started hitting him on his chest.

"Rana ji this is not fair. I deserve atleast an explanation of why we can't go out. I woke up early, bathed in this cold, I deserve an answer" Adhiraj pinned her to the wall and pushed her hands above her head

"You are overstepping your boundaries with me. You wanted a divorce right, I grant you one" He said furiously with his nose flaring in anger. Kaira was shocked hearing him.

"You'll leave me?" She breathed out staring at Adhiraj as if he'd disappear.

"Isn't that what you want? Pura din you'll keep screaming that you want a divorce, divorce, divorce. Am done hearing you, leave me life as soon as possible" Adhiraj left her hands and moved away from her.

"I had told you, you'll get tired of me. See you got tired of me. Everyone gets tired" She said looking at his back.

"Thank you for putting up with me for so long" She turned around and left the place without a second thought. She went down to the receptionist and asked for a map of the nearby places where she could go walking. The receptionist explained her. Thanking her, Kaira walked into an unknown direction.