Chapter 25: Angry Best friends

Sitting in the backseat with him, she scanned him head to toe. All black suit, black polished shoes, sandalwood cologne and a Rolex watch on his right wrist, she was tempted to whistle at him but decided to go against it as she knew that he found himself a new partner on his phone. He had her presence ignored for the whole time. Not having much to do, she played water sort puzzle on her phone, eating a mint flavored tic-tac from her purse.

Soon the reached the venue and their car doors were opened. She stepped out and looked at the extra tall building, praying to god it didn't collapse. Adhiraj's building had 25 floors but this one looked at least 40 floors high.

'You were stupid Kaira, stupid idiotic fool. You thought you could conquer the world with your high heels? These tall buildings proved you wrong' Kaira thought to herself looking at the building scaredly.

Adhiraj came by her side and forwarded his hand to her. Taking it, she walked with him inside the building. Her eyes widened when she saw him press the 45th floor button in the elevator. Wrapping her hands tightly to herself, she took deep breathes.

With clenched fists, she followed him out.

'Should have worn flats, at least it would be easier to run' She held his hand tightly as they moved away from the ground towards the skyline. Adhiraj looked at her interestedly, seeing the way her face changed with every floor. Soon they stepped out on the terrace

"Ranawat" She heard a male voice calling out Adhiraj by his surname. Both turned around to look at the person.

"Rathore" Adhiraj addressed him coldly.

"Rudraansh" A beautiful smile formed on Kaira's face as she ran to hug him. Rudraansh hugged her back, looking straight into Adhiraj's glaring eyes.

"Where's my bestie?" She asked excitedly.

"Find her yourself" Rudraansh said placing his hand on her shoulder as she looked at him angrily for teasing her.

"She's at the food counter, gobbling food" Rudraansh said horrified at how much Ruhanika could fit in her stomach. Kaira elbowed him in the stomach for saying ill about her friend.

"Go join her. At least by that method, she'll leave food for others" Rudraansh joked making her smile.

"Can I?" Kaira looked at Adhiraj, asking for permission to leave, hoping that he wouldn't be meeting people with her.

"Of course pagal. I'll give him company. Go have dinner" Rudraansh said on behalf of Adhiraj.

Kaira looked around the dining area and found Ruhanika standing in a corner with a dish in her hands, completely oblivious of her surroundings with full focus on eating.

"Aur kitna thusegi? Thoda dusro ke liye bhi rehne de. (How much more will you eat? Leave some for the rest too)" Kaira said laughing, pulling Ruhanika's attention. Ruhanika kept the plate aside and hugged her tightly.

"Looking hot. Who are you killing with this bombshell figure?" Ruhanika asked teasing her.

"No one. I was angry so took it out by dressing the prettiest" Kaira replied shrugging her shoulders.

"Where's dimwit?" Ruhanika asked seeing Kaira was alone.

"He's with your Rudra" Kaira teased her, making her blush.

"Give me proper details of what happened. I need to know everything" Kaira held the plate and brought a fork as both of them ate from one plate with Ruhanika explaining everything in detail.

"You say. How is your married life going? Ahh... look there" Ruhanika was asking her but her eyes fell on the bar counter where a girl was flirting with Adhiraj. Kaira turned around to see that and rolled her eyes.