2- Our Adventure

"Damien Are u Ready?"

I yelled at the bottom of the stairs. The sun had just risin and the early rays of sunlight signaled that our time to leave has come. I had hardly gotten any sleep last night not wanting to waste the last hours in my home sleeping. But now I was ready to leave. Ready to make a new life for me and Damien.

" Ya almost. I'll be down in a minute" he yelled down from his room.

As I waited for him to come down I double checked I had everything we needed. Clothes, water , weapons, and the little bit of food we had left. When everything was accounted for, I took a second to take a last look and my old house. The paint on the walls peeling, the wood floors creaking, broken walls and doors. I remember before the war when our house was nice and clean with flowers and and the sweet smell of my mothers vanilla sented candles. Everything seemed so bright and cheerful back then, now its all darkness and fear.

" Ok let's go" Damien said snapping me out of my daze.

" Are you sure you got everything?"

"Positive"

" Ok then, let's go" and with that we walked out of our house only to be hit by the bright sun. Being inside so much, we almost forgot how the sunlight feels when it hits your skin or how your eyes have to adjust to its amazingly bright rays.

"How do we know which way to go?"
And that's when I realized I really had no plan what so ever. Mother never talked about the outside because she didn't want to scare Damien but now I wish she would have. If she would have explained to us the things goonv on out here then we'd be more prepared for the journey ahead of us.

But even though I really had no idea where to go, I could not let Damien think that. I couldn't let him lose hope.

"We'll head north. Mom told me once that that's where she heads to on her salvage trips."

" Ok then. Don't worry mom we're coming."