❦𝔖𝔱𝔬𝔫𝔢 𝔠𝔬𝔩𝔡❦

❦𝔖𝔱𝔬𝔫𝔢 𝔠𝔬𝔩𝔡❦

________________________________________

The following morning, I awoke to the sound of Luffy screaming in my temporary room. I got out of bed and sought the area for the source of his screams. However, I couldn't find anything that would cause him to scream. Then I noticed his face was a dark shade of red.

"I was asleep on you! Please excuse my behavior," he said as he got down on his knees in order to beg for my forgiveness.

I extended my hand to assist him in standing and proceeded on to say. "I see no reason for you to get down on your knees. Thou didst nothing wrong."

"Aye, I didst. I have sinned against royalty. I beg for thy forgiveness and mercy. It was a moment of weakness, and I vow to never repeat this action again," Luffy declared.

"I sayeth what is royalty? Isn't royalty nothing but a label?" I continued on to respond with, "And so I sayeth unto thee, let no man discriminate against or harmeth thee"

It took a few seconds for him to look up at me, his face still slightly red. I drew him against my chest, feeling his heartbeat against mine. And for once, he didn't try to fight against my affection.

He melted into my embrace, his body relaxing into mine as if he had finally found solace. "Why dost thou treat me so well? I'm nothing but a servant?" Luffy asked.

I held him tight and told him, "My dearest Luffy-Ya, thou mayst be a servant, but thou art a human being, and thou art deserving of respect and kindness," I replied.

Luffy held onto me tighter and said, "I thank thee for no one among your status hast ever shown me such kindness liketh thee has"

I smiled and replied, "Besides, I have to treat my future wife with care."

Luffy's eyes widened, and he exclaimed, "Future wife!? Where art thou, ears? I cannot marry someone liketh thee." With his mind made up, he left the room.

I stood there hurt, not knowing what he meant by "someone liketh thee" , but I had an idea about what he meant. I was royalty. But then again, no one could legitimately deny wanting to be married into royalty. However, if that were the case, I was treating him like I had none other. So it made no sense, and I figured that I would have to dig deeper to find out what me being royalty had to do with him not wanting to marry me.

Two hours later, I was summoned to the throne room by King Neptune. As I walked to the throne room, I saw Shirahoshi also make her way to the throne room. I wondered why Shirahoshi was also summoned to the throne room and what the reason for our summons could be. As I entered the throne room, I felt a sense of unease wash over me.

We both bowed in his presence, and I kissed both the king and queen's hands and stated "If I may ask, why is it that thou hast summoned both me and thy daughter?"

"I have summoned thee and my daughter to discuss an important matter that concerns both of you," Neptune said in a rough voice. "Art thee two secretly seeing each other?"

"Your daughter has beauty as rare as the sunset over the Bolivian salt flats," I replied while keeping my head down. "Regardless, I have not a bit of interest in her, for I have foundth my love "

I was uneasy because Neptune was staring at me with such an unconcerning expression that I almost felt uncomfortable. I tried to avoid his gaze and focused on my love, who was standing right beside Shirahoshi. It didn't matter to me what Neptune thought or felt about it.

Luffy looked in my direction, and we made eye contact. He immediately looked away with a light blush on his cheeks. I could tell he was still embarrassed by what had transpired earlier.