Unpacking

It was the summer of 1962...

Me and my brother Scotty moved to Salt Lake City and into a pink house

My mom made us go to school for the last two weeks which was dreadful, I left my friends and my softball team in Illinois and I missed it so much.

We were unpacking the U-Haul on a Saturday when I looked at my little brother to see him waving at someone, I felt bad for my brother, Scotty, he was always an outsider and never really had any friends and he was a mega science geek so I would hang out with him on the weekends if I didn't have softball or was hanging out with friends. I looked at the boy he was waving at, he was about 5'8 and had the most beautiful hazel eyes that I could stare at all day but that would be creepy, he had a jersey that said 'Rodriguez' on the back of it.

He waved back to Scotty and smiled at me which I returned back to him, "did you see that!" said Scotty "I might actually have a friend here" he said and continued to bring more boxes into the house. "yeah maybe" I told him trying to keep his hopes up. We continue unpacking till it gets dark which I smell food cooking from the kitchen. We race to the kitchen which I obviously win.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After dinner I took my boxes upstairs and started decorating my room which was just baseball posters and well baseball players, the thing you should know about me is baseball is my life and yes I'm on the softball team but I love playing baseball, because that's a memory with my dad I can always remember. Scotty was just a little baby when my dad went away so he didn't know him that well just stories I have told him. Bill helped me with my bed and dresser and my room was practically done.

I looked out my bedroom window to see the boy from earlier in the room across from mine, he was changing into other clothes then what he was wearing and man did he have abs. I closed my curtains and got ready for bed but before I went to bed I walked into Scotty's room.

"hey little bro" I said I sat on his bed while he was finishing up a comic, "hey" he said. "I know mom probably already gave you the 'you have the make friends this summer' talk and if you want tomorrow we can go walk around the town and check it out and maybe find a baseball field to play catch on." I said "Yeah! That would be great" he said looking up and smiling, " ok, well if we are going to do that then get to bed buster" I said tucking him in and kissing his forehead, "love you sis" he said "love you more" I said walking out and closing his door, I said goodnight to Bill and my mom and went into my room and looked out the window to where I saw a paper taped to the boy's window saying...

"hi stranger"

Hi guys! This is my new book I think im going to make my chapters shorter but not this short just because this is the first chapter and I didn't know what to write.

Also Y/n is 15 years old but she is turning 16 in a couple months

I hope you enjoyed this short chapter, I'm going to update it more.