Benny and me.... and my little brother

It's been officially two weeks since we have moved here. And I already feel at home, away from Jacob and my fake friends in Texas. I was happy here, with my mom and Bill and Scotty and the Sandlot boys but especially here with Benny. Of course I thought Benny was cute I mean who doesn't? He's such a gentlemen and amazing at baseball, any girl would be lucky.. I'm lucky to have met him.

I woke up and put jeans and a random t-shirt on and my pf flyers and went to Scotty's room to wake him up. When I got there the bed was a mess and there was no scotty. I ran to my room and looked at my clocked which showed 10:30am and I ran downstairs and out the door. I kept running to the sandlot until I got there to see boys laughing and playing not even noticing me run the diamond.

"Hey Scotty, forget to wake someone up?" I said looking at scotty who was up to bat. "Sorry you looked so peaceful and I didn't want to wake you cause I knew you probably were going to be grumpy" he said looking down at his shoes, "Ok ill let you off this time but next time wake me up" i said and I put my glove on and headed out to outfield. when I got ready I saw Benny run up to me, "Hey, do you think you and I can talk later just us?" he said, "Yeah of course, we can just stay at the sandlot after to talk" I said and he nodded and ran back to Ham and Scotty, "Bout time Benny my clothes are going out of style" Squints said while Benny ran back, "They already Squints" yeah-yeah said fighting back, " shut up" squints mumbled, I quickly laughed and we got back to the game.

We played for hours until we took a break in the dugout. We talked about mainly last night's game and plans for summer which was basically baseball all say long every day. "So at the end of the summer we always go on a campout, and my mom said we can invite yall if you guys want to come" Scotty said and I backed him up, All the guys said yeah and that's what they talked about for the rest of the time and Ham even asked if there was going to be hotdogs.

After a while it started to get dark so the boys went home and it was just me and Benny in the middle of the empty Sandlot...alone...with no boys. "So I just wanted to ask if you were ok with everything that happened with your ex" he said, I still had a couple of bruises but I tried to cover them up with makeup but with a whole day of playing baseball in the heat of summer it melted off. "I'm good, I told my parents and they were worried so they reached out to Jacob's mom and told her everything and I think hes going to counseling or something, but everything else is fine" I said interlocking my fingers together. "Ok, well if there is anything I can do please ask me" he said and I nodded and smiled and we gathered our stuff and walked home.

While we walked home we talked about the little things, how our home lives were and how the school year before this was. And other times it was quiet and peaceful, just walking home enjoying each others presence. I would notice a couple of times our hands slightly touching but I would think nothing of it considering he probably didn't like me cause he wanted to focus on baseball, which I get, Baseball was his Life.

Once we reached to our houses we hugged and said goodbye and I ran into my house taking in tonight's dinner...Spaghetti and Meatballs.

~Later that evening~

Once dinner was over I walked upstairs to my room and read some magazines I had, Tonight was movie night but I didn't feel like watching anything. I turned my radio on a flipped the channels until I found something I liked and went back to my bed and read singing along to the songs.

I checked the window to see if Benny put a new paper on the window, which he did. 'Hi Y/n, I just wanted to say you looked very pretty today' I blushed but rubbed it off knowing it was just a friendly compliment and wrote back, 'Thank you! you looked very handsome today' I wrote and stuck it to me window.

I went to my bathroom and took a shower to rinse all of the sweat off my body. I put on clothes I brought into the bathroom and walked back into my room humming the previous song that played on the radio. "Hey beautiful" a voice said I quickly looked up from the floor to see Benny sitting on my bed, "Benny! how did you get in here!" I said shutting my door and walking over to him. "I saw your note and decided to climb through your window cause well it was unlocked, you know you should really lock it, a murder could have killed you" he said with a serious face, "Ok Debby downer ill do that, now why are you here im doing important business" I said laying back down on my bed, "Like what? obsessing over Richard Burton" he said looking at the magazine. "He's hot!" I said then started to laugh and quickly after Benny laughed too.

We eventually joined my family downstairs but Benny had to climb out of the window and knock on the front door so my parents weren't suspicious. My parents sat on one sofa together and Scotty sat on the recliner and me and Benny took the other couch in front of the window. We watched the rest of the parent trap and me and Benny and Scotty went up stairs and we hung out for a bit until Benny went home.

"So do you like him" Scotty said once Benny left. "What?" I said turning from the door to Scotty, "u like Benny, I mean it seems like you do from the way you stare at him" he said. "No I don't he's just my best friend" I said and I watched Scotty get up and head for the door, "Ok, well Im heading to bed, and also he's my best friend" Scotty said and before I could say anything he walked out the door to him room.

I sat there wondering if I actually like Benny, yeah I mean he's cute and all but he's my best friend and I wouldn't want anything to happen to that.

Hey guys! So I made this chapter a little short cause State testing and finals are coming up so I've really been studying for that. I just thought this was a cute little filler? I guess you would call it I don't know, But if yall have any ideas for future chapters let me know!