The hangout

I woke up at 7 am and got into some jeans and a tank and flannel and my favorite dodgers hat. I woke up Scotty and made myself a cereal. We met Benny and walked with him till we met up with ham and Bertram and the rest of the guys and we all headed to the sandlot.

"you ready for our hangout tonight" Benny whispered to me just because none of the guys knew, " yeah I am, you better show me a good time" I said bumping my shoulder into his, I saw a smirk land on his face and he just looked away. We continued walking to the sandlot and talking about last night's game the Dodgers vs the Cubs. Once we got there we immediately started playing since me and benny were leaving early and some of the others were too.

Me and Benny took turns batting until we all took a quick break and hung out in the dug out for about half an hour, "Benny man its hot out here, I cant play for one more minute" Ham said and all the guys agreed, "Yall its not even that hot" I said, "Yes it is im dying out here I feel like im toasting in an oven over here" said squints taking off his glasses and wiping his glasses on his shirt.

We stopped playing and we all decided to go home for the day, they all started leaving for their houses  one by one till it was just us three, "ill pick you up in about an hour" Benny said and we both went into our houses.

"Hey mom im going out with a friend tonight I wont be back till later and we are going to the diner so ill eat dinner" I said walking into the kitchen and through to the staircase, "ok sweetie don't be gone to late". she said and continued making dinner. I walked up to my room and got out of my sweaty clothes and changed into bellbottoms with a white crop top with blue lining, I threw on my PF Flyers and took the messy ponytail out and I combed my hair. I ran downstairs, said goodbye to everyone and I met Benny on my porch.

"Wow you look so pretty" he said staring at me in awe, " thank you, you clean up with yourself" he was wearing dark blue jeans that cuff at the bottom and a black t shirt with a white button over it except it wasn't button up. "Should we go" he said "yeah lets go, so where you taking me first" I said as we started walking. "I thought we should stop at Ruby's Diner and get some food and then go on some rides at the fair. " yeah that's sounds great" I said and we continued having small talk and walking to the diner.

Once we got there we sat down at a booth and started looking at the menu. "I didn't know Benny could pull such a hot chick" some kid said, we both looked up and I saw a kid with dirty blonde hair and wearing a Tigers baseball shirt. "Go away Phillips" Benny said, "Aww why ruin the fun Benny man" he said then stared at me, "ill see you later sweetheart" he said and winked at me and walked away. "Who was that" I asked Benny who looked like he was getting a little mad, "That's Phillip we used to play baseball but he got jealous and kicked me off the team and we have been enemies ever since." Benny explained. I started laughing and his cherry red face, "Why are you laughing" he said " I'm sorry your face is all red and its hilarious" I said and continued laughing, after a while Benny started laughing too and we both looked like idiots just laughing at out booth.

We both ordered burgers and fries and we talked about mainly baseball and ate our food, "I have a question" I asked, " ask away" he said taking another bite of the burger, "why did you want to hang out with me" I said. " Well I thought you were nice and funny and cute and wanted to get to know you better. I couldn't help but blushed when he called me cute.

BENNY POV

I couldn't stop looking at her she was so perfect, all of her features, her smile, her laugh, everything. I knew I was developing feelings for her but I couldn't tell her this soon she just moved here, and plus I didn't want to rush into anything if this was going to be something I want it to be good.

We keep talking about our lives and eat our food. We then paid the check and walked out, "where do you wanna go" I said "lets just walk and talk" she said so we started walking and talking and our hands were slightly touching, "there's a party tomorrow night for the last week of school you wanna crash it" I said hoping she would say yes, "if there's a party im there" she said and we both started laughing.

After a while of walking we ended up in front of our houses, "I had fun" she said, "yeah I did too we need to do it again sometime" I said and she agreed and we both said goodbye and we went into our houses. I couldn't stop thinking about her she was perfect in every way. I walked in to my mom and older sister, Isabella, and younger sister, maria cleaning the plates from dinner. "Hi sweetheart did you have good night" said my mom looking up from what she was doing, "yeah I had fun" I said, "im going to my room" I said and started trotting up the stairs I stopped when I heard my little sister say my name. "does benny have a girlfriend" Maria said "If he does I feel bad for her" Isabella said and I rolled my eyes, "well I haven't seen a smile like that in months so maybe" my mom said and I guess she was right, I was always focused on baseball never anything else.

I walked into my room and looked out the window, her window was opened and I saw her yelling at someone but I didn't know who so I kept observing, all of a sudden a slap hit her face and her hand held her face where it got slapped I looked in their driveway and didn't see her parents car but only a car I didn't recognize. I kept watching till I saw a big muscular boy about our age but man was he big, he kept hitting her and I didn't know what to do so I ran downstairs and out the door...