the party

it's been 2 weeks since I have been to the Sandlot. I have only seen Benny and the boys at the store and else where in town and I've been hanging out with the girls ever since.

I would go to the Sandlot late at night sometimes with my bat and balls to practice so I wouldn't lose my most important skill. Baseball was still very important to me because every time I play I felt my dad playing with me.

"I know you miss it" he said "you miss the boys, and you miss me" he said with his voice tingling my body every time he spoke. "Your not real, your just in my head" I said turning my head to see his angelic face standing at the doorway, "Well do you want me to be real darling" he said he started to walk towards me as I sat on my bed.

He got closer to my ear, "just look out the window" he whispered into my ear, I couldn't resist it. I looked at him and then stared at the Window and back at him but when I turned back he was gone. I walked to the window and stared out into Benny's bedroom, I saw him on his bed staring at nothing with tear stains on his rosy cheeks.

I did this all for a couple more friends, I abandoned the friends I originally had. I ran out of bed room and into the darkness of my street, I ran to Wendy's house and knocked on her door. Her mother answered and just led me in when she saw my worried face, and I smiled at her and ran to Wendy's room.

"I can't do it anymore" I said while tears ran down my face, "I can't avoid him, it's breaking him and it's breaking me" I said as I started to pace around the room. "Y/n please sit down" Wendy said and patted a seat next to her, I sat down and she wrapped her arms around me as I cried, "Talk to him, don't listen to Diana or any of the others just go to him" she said as she pulled me from her chest to make me to her in the eyes, "go" she said as her smiled warmed my heart.

I got up and smiled at her and ran out the door and out of the house, I ran to Benny's house and knocked on the door. His mother answered the door, "Hi sweetheart, is everything ok" she said as she rested her hand on my cheek wiping away the tears that where on my cheeks.

"Can I talk to Benny?" I said basically begging her to let me to talk to him, "Of course, he's in his room upstairs" she said and gave me a warm smile. I ran upstairs to Benny's room and opened to door to see him sitting on his bed staring at the wall until he glanced towards his door and saw me.

"hi benny" I said staring at his hazel eyes, "hi" he said as his face hardened when he realized who was at the door, "how are you doing" I said looking down at the floor, he then got up and walked over to me and pushed me up against the wall with our faces inches away from each other.

"How can you come and try and start a conversation with me after weeks of not even seeing or talking to me, I mean I was your best friend and then you meet some random girls at the pool and suddenly your wearing dresses and going to parties, your a whole new person and honestly I don't even recognize you" he said, his face was red and he was definitely holding all of that in for weeks and now he finally released it all.

"Benny I'm so sorry, I really am I just got wrapped into having girl friends because I never had them and I got distracted and I just never came back to the Sandlot because I was scared what everyone would think of me" I said staring at him. He then grabbed both of my arms and held me against the wall and whispered, "get. out. of. my. sight." he whispered then released me and held open the door for me.

I walked out of the room and quietly made my way downstairs trying not to disturb anyone in the house and trying to get out of the there as quickly as I could.

Once I got out of their house I started to cry so hard I couldn't stop, I opened my house door and ran up stairs and shut my door and just cried until I fell asleep.