The chief's daughter (Stryker X Fem. reader; Fluff and a little angst)

Good morning, afternoon, or evening, my kawaii wolf dragons! A playful argument with my good friend Sun_Summoner_ reminded me of a few things: One, I've missed her a lot; Two, I miss those silly arguments we'd have about our fictional crushes; And three, I should write a Stryker X Female reader oneshot! Lately I've been super into the TV show Lucifer, so I've decided to make the reader's story similar to Chloe Decker's: she was once a child actress, but after her police chief father was shot and killed in the line of duty, she decided to become a cop to honor him. Please note that both Stryker and the reader are 26 years old. Anyways, enjoy!

(Stryker's POV)

It was a chilly winter afternoon, and the snowflakes weren't the only things falling. There wasn't a single dry eye in the cemetery as friends, family, and employees grieved the loss of D/N L/N, the beloved chief of police. He was an incredible man, and he was loved by everyone who met him. "Rest in peace, chief," I sniffed, tears streaming down my face, as I placed a rose down, followed by a salute. Once I retreated, a H/C haired young woman wearing a long-sleeved black dress, black gloves, and a black veil approached the gravestone. At first, she kept her composure. But, as soon as she placed the roses down, her demeanor changed. "It shouldn't have ended this way, Dad!" the woman -whom I recognized as Chief L/N's child actress daughter Y/N- wailed, tears pouring from her E/C eyes like a waterfall. "Oh, quit the waterworks, doll! Just because you used to be an actress doesn't mean you can pretend to be upset," a man called out as he passed. "And how do you know she's not being genuine?! If you'd actually KNOWN her father, you'd know that Y/N was his entire world, and he was hers!" I snapped angrily as I gently placed my hand on Y/N's shoulder. "YOU try losing the person you raised you after your mother died when you were eleven, and THEN come talk to me!" Y/N snapped, crying in a mixture of grief and fury, as she slapped the man in the face. (A/N Y/N retired from acting when her mother died from cancer) After the man left, Y/N returned to her father's grave. "There's something important I need to tell you, Dad: You're my hero, and you've inspired me my whole life. That's why I'm gonna be a cop, just like you," the S/C woman promised on her father's grave loud enough for all the attendees to hear. "Don't worry, D/N, I'll make sure she turns out to be a brilliant cop," promised B/N, Chief L/N's successor, as he/she/they placed his/her/their hand on Y/N's shoulder.

(A week later; Y/N's POV)

My heartbeat quickened a little as I walked into the police station. "Wish me luck, Dad," I whispered under my breath. After a speech on how he/she/they would do his/her/their best to carry on my father's legacy as a compassionate chief, B/N assigned me to my partner. "Officer Y/N L/N, you'll be working with Officer Kurtis Stryker," he/she/they said. "Yes, sir/ma'am/chief," I replied before I took a seat next to the blonde male. "Thanks for the support at my father's funeral. I appreciate it," I whispered to my new partner. "Of course, L/N. I know how close you and your dad were," he whispered back as he gently patted my shoulder. "L/N, Stryker, focus," B/N gently scolded us. "Sorry, sir/ma'am/chief," we quickly replied in unison.

(Six months later; Still Y/N's POV)

It had been quite some time since I joined the police force. I'd grown so close to Stryker that I'd started letting him call me by my first name, and occasionally by my nickname, Y/NN. I understand why my father often praised him: Stryker was smart, funny, strong, and kind-hearted. It was for these same reasons -along with the fact that he was incredibly handsome- that I'd fallen in love with my partner. Still, I wasn't quite sure I was ready to confess. "Good morning, Y/N!" Stryker greeted me cheerfully as I walked into the station. "Morning, Stryker," I replied with a smile as I sat next to him. Once the rest of the officers gathered, B/N assigned me and Stryker to patrol.

(Stryker's POV)

I watched Y/N interrogate a man we suspected of murdering a young woman. "Where were you Wednesday night?" Y/N asked the suspect. "What's it to you, doll?" he chuckled teasingly. "First of all, don't call me a doll! Second, answer the question!" she snapped, slamming her fist on the table."At home, with my roommate," replied the suspect. Proving she truly was D/N's daughter, Y/N tricked the suspect into confessing in a matter of minutes. "You're under arrest for first-degree murder," I said as I held the murderer's hands behind his back while Y/N cuffed them. "Don't think that this makes you an actual cop, you stupid fucking bitch! Chief's daughter or not, Y/N L/N, you're nothing more than an ugly, useless, washed up child star!" the prisoner snarled at Y/N, pushing me over the edge. "Keep Y/N's name out of your fucking mouth! She's the prettiest, smartest, sweetest, funniest, most amazing girl in the world!" I snarled as I shoved the suspect into a cell.

(Y/N's POV)

I immediately felt my cheeks go bright pink. Did my crush just admit he likes me back? Stryker then looked at me, blushing like a tomato. "St-Stryker?" I stammered. "Now's not a good time, Y/N. Meet me by the coffee shop down the street after work," he said quickly. Later that evening, once Stryker and I got off work, I changed into my normal clothes, and headed off to the coffee shop to meet with my crush. (A/N Y/N'S outfit is one of the ones pictured below, it's your choice of what you want. Also, comment below which one you'd wear, I'd personally go with the first one)

 Also, comment below which one you'd wear, I'd personally go with the first one)

Within a minute, Stryker approached me, looking simple yet cute in a white and dark blue T-shirt, sky blue jeans, a red hoodie, and his usual black cap

Within a minute, Stryker approached me, looking simple yet cute in a white and dark blue T-shirt, sky blue jeans, a red hoodie, and his usual black cap. "Hi, Y/N. Y-you look good," he greeted me, blushing slightly. "So do you," I giggled, making Stryker blush harder. "So, what did you want to talk about?" I asked him. Stryker took a deep breath, took my hands in his, and gazed deeply into my E/C eyes. "Y/N, I meant every word I said to that guy. In fact, I've been in love with you for months now," he admitted. "Oh, Stryker, I feel the same," I admitted with a smile as I wrapped my hands around his neck and gazed lovingly into his handsome blue eyes. Blushing hard, Stryker pulled me close and kissed me passionately. "I love you, Y/N, so very much. Please be mine," he murmured into my ear once we separated our lips for air. "Of course, Stryker. I can't imagine being with anyone else," I whispered before giving him another kiss.

That's all for now, my kawaii wolf dragons! If you have a request, don't hesitate to send it to me via comment or DM! Have a great day/night!