chapter 17

while quinn and cole were up in tori's room, jack and alex went to interrogate trevor. trevor was still in the living room playing video games, giving alex and jack the perfect opportunity to talk to him. the problem was that trevor was highly invested in his game.

"trevor!" jack yelled in hopes of getting his best friend's attention. that did not work. trevor acted as if he had not heard jack at all.

jack proceeded to walk in front of trevor, making sure he blocked trevor's view of the tv. once again, it didn't work since trevor just slid to a different side of the couch.

finally, alex had enough and grabbed the tv remote. he turned the tv off to which trevor let out a string of curse words.

"what the fuck! i was just about to win!" trevor shouted, throwing his hands up in the air.

alex commented, "no, you weren't."

jack rolled his eyes and said, "anyways, we have more pressing matters we need to discuss with you."

trevor sat up at jack's words and looked at him with curiousity. jack and alex never talked to trevor like this. he was starting to worry that something bad had happened or was about to happen.

"okay, what's up?" trevor asked. 

"you going to bang tori?" alex smirked. jack whacked alex in the head with a pillow. sometimes, alex let his intrusive thoughts win and this was one of those times.

jack interrupted, "ignore him, trevor! alex doesn't know how to have a normal and civil conversation." jack sent a glare alex's way to which alex shrugged it off. jack continued, "we wanted to talk to you about tori."

trevor started to panic and asked, "what's going on? is everything okay? is she hurt?" trevor was now on high alert and worried. jack and alex watched trevor's expressions changed and were speechless. they could tell he had fallen hard.

alex laughed, "dude, she's fine! we meant like what's going on with you and tori." jack nodded his head in agreement.

trevor started to blush like crazy. the boys were shocked to see his cheeks turn that red. never has a girl made trevor act like that before. sure, trevor has blushed and gotten embarrassed in interviews before, but this was a whole new level.  not only did trevor start blushing, but he cracked a smile. 

"i mean, nothing is going on. we're just friends who talk and text a lot. nothing crazy has happened," trevor explained.

"but do you want something to happen?" jack inquired while raising an eyebrow. the boys already knew the answer, but wanted to hear trevor say it out loud. 

trevor sighed, "only if i knew she wanted something to happen. i don't think she's interested in me like that." alex smacked his forehead and jack was ready to punch trevor for being so stupid.

"dude, there's no way she doesn't like you," jack replied.

alex added, "she talks and texts you more than both quinn and cole combined! do you know how hard that is to do?"

trevor was still unsure of tori's feelings. they flirted a little everyone once in awhile, but he couldn't tell if that was her nature or not. they hadn't known each other that long, not like how long she knew the hughes family for. trevor started to think maybe jack was right. after all, jack would know tori better than him. 

"okay, let's entertain this idea. let's say tori does like me, what are you guys wanting me to do?" trevor asked. 

"well, that's entirely up to you. we just wanted to know if you were interested in her and planning on making a move," alex answered. 

"i do like her, but i don't know if it's too soon to do anything. i don't want scare her off or things to become awkward! i would have to spend the rest of my summer like that! i would love to take her out, but i have no idea. jack, you know her the best out of the three of us, what do you think i should do?" trevor rambled. 

jack smiled. they were finally getting somewhere with trevor. jack suggested, "first of all, i have never seen you so nervous about girl before in my life, so this is new. i would honestly just text tori and ask if she wanted to hangout just the two of you. there's no harm in that and i can basically guarantee you that she won't decline. i would take her on a walk on the beach and grab ice cream or something. she loves that stuff, trust me." 

trevor was absorbing all the information jack just threw at him. he knew jack was right though. there was no harm in him asking her to hang out. trevor was overthinking the whole situation. it was very unlike him. 

"why am i stressing over a girl? this isn't me," trevor blurted out to no one in particular.

alex responded, "it's called love, z. get used to it."