chapter 31

it had been two weeks since trevor and tori started dating. in those two weeks, the two had gotten a lot closer and spent nearly every second together. it was becoming increasingly hard for the rest of the boys to pull them away from each other. sure, they hung out in groups all the time but trevor and tori were connected at the hip and didn't always try to include themselves with the rest of them.

"you guys have a problem," alex told trevor and tori.

trevor frowned, "what do you mean?"

luke piped in, "i don't think you guys have spent more than like 30 minutes away from each other."

"tori, when was the last time you hung out with me and cole?" quinn added.

tori sat there in silence. she honestly couldn't remember the last time just the three of them had hung out. it wasn't like she had done it on purpose, she was just wanting to spend as much time as possible with trevor before she had to go back to toronto. that wasn't something she wanted to think about either. they hadn't discussed how that was going to work when summer was over.

tori sighed, "you guys are right. i'm sorry this happened." she then turned to trevor and told him, "we need to stop being that cringy couple that has no life outside of each other. now, go hangout with your guys." she gave trevor a smile.

"fine, what do you guys want to do?" trevor asked his friends.

jack crossed his arms and huffed, "i don't want a pity hangout just because your girlfriend told you that you had to."

"jack," tori gave him a stern look, telling him to knock it off.

"i was only joking! of course i'm going to hangout with my boyfriend! he was mine first by the way," jack declared.

trevor got up and moved towards jack. he slung his arm around his best friend and stated, "he's right. sorry, tori but he will always be my first love."

cole made a gross face and said, "and this is why alex is always saying that the two of you are dating." instead of denying those claims like usual, trevor and jack just shrugged. the entire group erupted in laughter.

"and on that note, i'm going to leave and let you guys catch up with trevor," tori stood up and started to walk toward the stairs.

"wait!" tori heard someone shout. she didn't know who since her back was facing everyone. tori turned around and saw luke with puppy dog eyes.  "yes, luke?" she questioned.

"can i hang out with you instead?" luke asked. tori smiled and nodded. luke leapt up from the couch and linked their arms together. the rest of the boys looked dumbfounded at the sight.

"i guess me and quinn will hang out with you some other time," cole yelled up at the stairs.

tori shouted back, "we will! i need some lukey time!"

luke and tori reached her room and immediately went to her bed. the two of them hadn't hung out in what felt like ages. she had hardly seen him this summer and started to feel really guilty about it. it seemed like luke was missing lots of key events this summer.

"luke, i am so sorry that i haven't hung out with you this summer! i feel awful! please forgive me?" tori apologized to the youngest hughes boy.

he cracked a smile and said, "trust me, it's okay. honestly, part of it is my fault that i haven't seen you as much or really been involved. i've been kinda doing my own thing. but now you need to fill me in on everything i missed." he looked like a  child with his head in his hands as he laid on his stomach. tori giggled at the sight in front of her.

"well, i'm not sure if you're aware of this but i'm dating this guy named trevor zegras. have you ever heard of him?" tori joked. 

luke played along and replied, "no, i don't think i have! who is the lucky guy?" 

"oh, he's just some hockey player that plays for this really bad team in california," she stated. 

luke started to laugh, "i'm definitely telling him that you said that!"

"i never said he was bad! i only said his team wasn't the greatest!" 

it was almost as if luke had realized something and his facial expression had completely changed. the once laughing luke was replaced by a sad looking boy. tori had no idea what was going on and was immediately concerned.

"what's wrong?" tori asked. 

luke frowned, "i just realized something and it's not a good thing." tori gave him a look to let him know that he could continue. he took a deep breath and said, "the summer is coming to an end. you're returning to toronto and trevor is going back to anaheim. how is that going to work?" 

that was something that trevor and tori never really talked about. they both had known that end of summer was approaching, but they didn't want to face the facts. the couple would rather live in ignorant bliss than have that hard discussion.

"it's not something we really talked about," tori looked at her lap.

luke responded, "i'm not trying to barge into the relationship or anything, but that's something you guys really need to address. you guys have a little over a week before you leave."

"i know, i know! i'll talk to him about it later, i promise. since when did you become so smart!" tori ruffled his hair. 

he gasped, "you didn't always think i was smart? i'm offended." 

"i think you've been hanging out with alex far too much," tori rolled her eyes. luke nodded his head in agreement. 

the two continued to joke around and caught up. it was nice spending this time with luke and she realized she needed to do this with the rest of the guys. they had all become her friends this summer and she was going to cherish it for as long as possible. she was hoping that these relationships weren't just for the summer.