chapter 32

"hey, trevor! are you free to talk?" tori knocked on trevor's door. it was the following morning after she had her conversation with luke. tori realized trevor and her needed to have this talk sooner rather than later.

trevor opened the door and replied, "yeah, what's up? is everything alright?" he looked panicked. tori never talked to him like this and it was making him nervous.

tori noticed that she freaked him out and reassured him, "oh gosh trevor it's not anything bad! everything is alright! no need to start panicking! i was just talking to luke yesterday and he reminded me of something. we just need to talk about after summer since i leave kinda soon."

trevor let out a sigh of relief and wiped some fake sweat off his forehead, "thank god! i thought you were about to break up with me or something!"

"no! i would never!" tori expressed. trevor grabbed tori's arm and closed the door behind them. he guided them to the edge of his bed. they sat down facing each other and just stared at one another.

"i'm not entirely sure how to start this conversation if i'm being completely and totally honest," trevor scratched the back of his neck. tori was on the same page. she didn't know how to start this either.

"okay, how about we state the facts first. i'm leaving in a little over the week. you're going back to anaheim and i'm going to toronto. so i guess the first question is are you willing to try long distance?" tori asked.

trevor quickly answered, "yes of course! i'm not breaking up with you because of distance. it's going to take more than that to break us up." tori was relieved to hear those words come out of his mouth.

"okay good. i'm glad we both agree on that. but what are you wanting to do while we're apart? this isn't going to be the easiest thing in the world especially since we've hardly been away from each other since dating," tori brought up the main issue at hand. 

"you could visit me during the season. i'll buy you tickets, that won't be a problem at all. we have to play the maple leafs at some point and maybe you can visit when we play other close teams," trevor offered. tori was happy with his proposal but she wasn't fully satisfied with his answer.  trevor must have noticed this and he started to worry. he panicked, "oh no! what did i say wrong?"

tori shook her head, "no, it's no that. i love your suggestion and i think its doable. i can get homework done ahead of time to make it to those games. i just meant how are going to adjust to this new lifestyle. we will be in completely different time zone and on different schedules." 

trevor sat there thinking. he now understood what she was saying. he had never tried dating someone long distance before or really ever as a matter of fact. the hockey player was never great at communicating. trevor realized this was going to be a challenge but it was one he deemed worth fighting for. 

"okay, i understand what you're saying now. i mean, i'm not sure how flexible your college schedule is but i'm sure we can find ways to facetime throughout the week. we can always text each other every day and do check ups if we're busy. we can make this work, tori. it just might be difficult at first," he said. 

tori smiled, "i think this will work as long as we stick to it and tell each other how we feel. i just wish summer never had to end." she was starting to get sad towards the end of her statement. trevor pulled her into his chest and wrapped his arms around her waist. they comforted each other as it really hit them that they would be apart from each other soon.

"do you think the guys will still talk to me after i leave?" tori quietly asked. 

trevor was taken back by her question. "why on earth would you even ask that?" he answered back. 

she mumbled into his chest, "i don't know, maybe they will forget about me after i leave."

trevor was dumbfounded. he gently pulled her head back so that he could look at her face. a couple tears had escaped from her eyes. she should not be crying during her last week here. she should be enjoying her time with the all guys. 

"nope, we are not having a pity party. the boys absolutely adore you and since you're dating me, you're kinda stuck with them whether you like it or not. sorry, i don't make the rules," trevor wiped the tears away as tori laughed at him. he always knew how to put her into a better mood. 

"you're right. i'm just overthinking everything and –"

she was cut off by a kiss. trevor loved making her shut up and she would never complain about it. tori's hand went straight to trevor's hair while his rested on her hips. the kiss was passionate but sweet. tori had to pull away for air and rested her forehead against his. 

"you love shutting me up, don't you?" tori teased. 

trevor laughed, "if it means i get to kiss you then yes." they stayed there for awhile just looking into each other's eyes. they were at peace and nothing was going to ruin that.