7. KK

Sky's POV
"Good morning," I greet Brandon and Alex as they are in the kitchen. "Good morning," they both greet back. I grab a water bottle and sit on the island looking at them as they cook. "What are you doing down here so early?" Alex asks. I shrug. I see they are making eggs, bacon, and something else. I get up and look for the waffle maker in the bottom cabinet. I feel their stare on me. "Where's the waffle maker??" I grunt not finding it. "Up here," Brandon says grabbing it for me. "You want waffles?" Alex asks. I shake my head no. I climb onto the marble bar and reach for the flour, vanilla, and chocolate chips. I turn around tryna get down. I know if I jump it will hurt. Brandon offers a hand and helps me get down. I smile and turn for the fridge but Alex was already holding the eggs and milk. "Good morning," we hear Fla say. "Good morning" Brandon and Alex greet. "Morning, sky" he greets me directly. "Mornin," is all i mumble. "What are you doing Sky?" Fla asks. "Waffles." I say nonchalantly. "Blake or Ty will be here soon. So you can leave?" Fla asks confused. I turn to look at him. "That won't be necessary. I'll be staying home today." I say sternly. Fla looks confused. "Sky today is KK's day..." He says worryingly. I nod. "I know." I turn back around. "You might need this," Brandon says holding a bowl. I nod. Thank you. I feel Fla's eyes on me. "Can you not? Im tryna think" I say to him. "And I am tryna determine if i should call Ty in early. I'm worried." "I'm fine!" I say and place the flour in the bowl. I work on the waffles making enough for all of us. "Yeah. I'm calling Ty" Fla says. I look at him then at Alex and Brandon. I sigh. "I'm okay. I made waffles. Brandon made eggs and Alex made bacon" i say. "Yeah you are doing three very unusual things. You are making waffles which you do not even like. You are calm and silent which is not normal not the calmness. You are spending time with Brandon and Alex." Fla points out. I roll my eyes and turn to remove the waffle from the waffle maker. "I thought that is what you wanted." I mumble. "What?" Fla asks. I turn to face him. "I thought thats what you wanted. You said you wanted to see me try. Here i am. Trying Fla. You are right i dont like waffles. But whenever we were going to have a rough day. Mom always made waffles and so did KK. I'm spending time with them because i like them. I'm calm because.. I don't know. I don't know why I'm calm but I do know I want to stay home today" I say. "Home?" He asks. "Yes. Home. Here. My room. You. Brandon, Alex, Ed, Evan and Matt. Home." I say and place the waffles on the island. Fla looks completely confused and so does Alex and Brandon. "I'm still calling Ty." Fla informs. I sigh and shrug. "Do whatever. Im trying. I'm trying to understand. Im trying to be better. Im trying to be present. I'm trying to cope. And even thay seems like an issue" i say to him. "I think you are doing a great job, sis" Ed comes from behind Fla. "Don't you see it Ed?" Fla asks him. "See what? A version of Sky that comes once every 5 years? If any?" Ed asks Fla. "The silver in his eyes. The black and the hazel. The blue. Sky is not Sky" Fla says and walks out into the back patio. I sigh. "You are not going to do what he thjnks you are going to do right, sis?" Ed asks me. I turn around and put the things together. "I'm just trying, Ed Im just trying today." I say and start to wash the dishes from the waffles. I look for the soap. Brandon reaches the top cabinet and grabs a new one for me. I nod. I feel Ed looking at me. I ignore it. "Baby, your..." Alex cuts off as he notices the blood from under my sleeves. Brandon looks at us and nods. "Ed, can you go wake up Angi and Ty? I think Matt slept in."  Brandon says. I feel a pause then he goes upstairs. "They don't know do they?" Alex asks. "Only suspects." I mumble. I continue to try washing dishes but Brandon stops me. Alex pulls my sleeve up slightly revealing a very deep cut on my wrists. They had bleed thru the bandage. With a dry hand, Brandon places his hand over my arm. I see his hand turn red in blood. I sigh. "Ill go fix it." I mumble. "Sky if you need to take a step back and focus on you, that is okay" Alex suggests. "I'm fine. That is the last thing I want to do.." I say and step back crashing into someone. I close my eyes as I feel cold hands grab my arm. "I'm fine, please" i say hoping Emmet would let me free. "Hi to you too Sky." I pull ny arm fast so i could pull off. I turn around to look at Chris and Emmet. I hug myself. I look at Fla who betrayed me. I walk past Emmet but I'm unable to from Chris. "L-let me go" i stutter. Brandon looks at Chris. "Put him down. He will walk with you. No point on violence" Alex orders. Chris lets me go. I look at Alex then at Chris. "I need to check your arms" Chris says. I look down, not moving. "I'm fine." "Are you really, Sky? Are you?" Emmet asks. I nod. "I-i made waffles" i mumble. Chris looks at them and nods. "Your wrist say you are not okay" Chris says. "My wrists where a small breakdown. I'm fine. I ate an uncrustable" I say without thinking. How dare I lie to them. "Did you now?" Chris asks. He looks at Brandon and Alex. Brandon grabs a wrapper. "He did." Brandon says holding the wrapper up. "Sky. You understand why we are here right? Why we came here from El Paso?" Emmet asks. "I did not ask for you to come" i snap. "Watch your tone Skyden." Chris warns. I look at Fla. "I am okay. If you keep pushing my buttons i will not. You will blame this on my emotions and KK. When I was calm and FINE before you showed up" i say frustrated. "I need space.  I made waffles like KK used to make for me. I'm trying to be normal for once!" I snap and receive a slap on the face. I stay silent and wipe the slight blood from my lip. I look at Chris. "I said watch your tone." He snickers. I nod and walk away into the hall bathroom. I slowly breakdown crying.