chapter eight

.

“Selena!”

The blonde spun around as Ginny ran up to her. The two stared at each other for a moment before Ginny gasped, “I love your new color!”

Selena nodded and ran a hand through her hair, “Thanks.”

“You’re copying me aren’t you,” Ginny squinted her eyes at her in suspicion.

“If I was I wouldn’t tell you, now would I,” Selena stated, crossing her arms.

The redhead laughed. “Anyway, I heard today is gonna be the last warm day of the year and I was gonna have lunch by the lake and then I realized that I would be bored and then i realized you might like going and having a picnic but then-” her rambling was cut off by Selena.

“I’d love to go on a picnic with you, Gin.”

Ginny gasped and jumped in excitement, “Oh that's brilliant! Is noon good?”

“Noon is perfect.”

“Ok,” Ginny said mumbled, nodded and then repeated it louder with a smile on her face. “Ok. I’ll see you at the lake at noon.”

.

“What the fuck do you wear to a picnic,” Selena said, digging through her trunk, which she had levitated to Callum and Theo’s dorm.

“You say that like I’ve been on a picnic,” Callum stated, making Selena groan, jump on his bed, and shove her head into his pillow.

“It’s ok, Lenny. Everyone gets nervous before their first date with someone,” Theodore attempted to comfort the girl, but failed miserably.

She quickly pushed up from smothering herself with Callum’s pillow and looked toward Theo, eyebrows furrowed. “It's not a date.”

“Lenny, you’re nervous about the outfit your gonna wear to a picnic by the lake with a girl you’ve been spending hours a day with. Sounds like a date,” Callum said, rubbing her back calmly while she shoved her back into his pillow.

.

“She likes chocolate and she likes any type of bread,” Ginny stated, looking towards her twin brother, who were rummaging through the castle’s kitchen.

“So like- chocolate bread?”

“I don’t know Fred! I don’t ask if she likes her favorite foods combined!”

“What about sandwiches, chocolate, and chocolate croissants,” George asked.

Ginny nodded frantically, “That’s good. That’s good, I think that’s good.”

“I think it’s good George,” Fred stated teasingly.

“Shut up.”

“It’s ok, Gin. I’m always nervous before dates,” George smirked.”

“It’s not a-”

“Although, I try not to act like a parrot.”

“It’s not-”

Fred and George flapped their arms like they were wings, imitating parrot noises.

“It’s good.”

“it’s good.”

“It’s not a d-”

“I think that’s good.”

“It’s not a date,” Ginny exclaimed.

The boys stopped, wide eyed, and turned towards their sister.

“Ginny,” George started.

“You don’t actually believe that you’re about to go a platonic picnic at a lake with Selena, do you?”

“I- I asked her on a picnic as friends.”

“And do you think she took it as going as friends?”

“Fuck.”

“Our baby sister is going on a date with little Lenny,” they chanted, dancing around the kitchen.

She groaned and sat down at a kitchen stool, placing her head in hands, muttering cuss words under her breath.

.

“Hi.”

Ginny sat on the blanket Selena brought, placing a picnic basket in between them.

Selena sat in denim shorts, a green, long sleeve shirt with buttons down the middle, and black converses, white shocks coming out of them and coming to the middle of her calves.

Ginny sat criss-crossed on the red blanket, matching the dark red t-shirt that she was wearing with black jeans.

The redhead dug her hand through the basket and pulled everything out and placed it in the middle of the blanket.

Selena grabbed a sandwich, leaning back and using one arm to hold her up and the other hand to eat. Ginny grabbed one too, eating in complete, nervous silence.

“Is this a date?”

“Did you ask me out on a date?”

The girls said at the same time, causing them to stare at each other.

Selena pursed her lips, before breaking into a smile, which turned into a laugh.

She smiled. She laughed. She smiled.

Ginny was quick to join her, both girls ending up on their backs in absolute hysterics.

They spent hours like that. They’d stop to catch their breath, only to make eye contact and laugh again.

The question was never answered. The question didn’t need to be answered.

In their heads they both knew, it was definitely a date.

.

what is this? could it be an update?? finally

anyway short asf (not even 1k help) but selena smiled and i feel like a proud mother