10 (Strange New Feeling

This oneshot is courtesy of a request from @KittyGamer543 , thank you for the suggestion. If you'd like to request a story, go to the Requests!! Chapter.
Coffee part two is coming out sometime soon im not sure so yeah
Also fair warning this writing is pure horse shit 

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Augustus decided to invite his best friend to sleep over, and as such, Matt accepted. He'd had feelings for Gus for a while now, but didn't exactly know what they were. Friendship?, that was one. He felt happy when around Gus, who was his favorite person in the whole wide world of Bonesborough. He'd never been outside of Bonesborough, though, so that was quite a feat.

But there was something else. I have quite the understanding that Mattholomule had never felt this feeling before, and he didn't know quite what to make of it. Oh well, I think we'll just have to sit back and watch as his funny little brain unravels itself, shall we? After all, that's what you're here for.

He arrived at half-past five, carrying a single ruck-sack upon his back with the straps over his shoulders. His hair was windswept, and slightly damp from an earlier light rainshower.
The sun was still fairly above the horizon, though descending quickly through the tree-line. Taffy pink clouds scattered the sky with streaks of white and orange. 
Matt pulled out his phone, sending a message to Gus that read "i am existing at your doorstep". A couple moments passed, then he saw the 'read' tag on the message he had sent. Another minute, and the door opened with Gus on the other side.

"Why didn't you just knock?" he asked the other boy.
"Because I enjoy being a bother." he grinned, then stepped inside. Gus playfully smacked him in the arm. 
Matt dumped his bag on the floor (as he was accustomed to do so), then sat down on the edge of Gus' bed.
"Sooo..." he intentionally dragged out the 'o', then made a pop of his tongue when he finished. "Watcha wanna do?" he finished. 
Gus gave him a faux bothered look, then smiled and shook his head. He could stare at those hickory shade curls all day long- wait, What? No way. They didn't like each other; that was clear enough.
Maybe.

"Uhhhhh."
"You invite me over and don't even have an agenda?" Mattholomule jokingly asked with a drawl. Gus shot him a glare, but there was no real meaning behind it.
"Oh! There's this creek behind the house I found a few days ago, ya wanna see?"
"Absolutely." He hopped off the bed, and followed Gus to the back door.
They walked out into the yard, with a wooden deck to their right and the dense woodland to their front and left. They made conversation on the way into the forest, though as the author is completely exempt from writing it, I don't see why you need to know the details.

There was this, shine, that Matt could see in Gus. It wasn't exactly 'emanating' as others might call it, but it was a feeling. A feeling that he didn't feel anywhere or with anyone else. Gus showed him some Water-Walkers and tracks where animals had passed through. It was truly astonishing. Although, a few times, Matt found himself looking at Gus rather than what Gus was showing him. He never seemed to notice, which was good in Matt's mind. Gods know what would happen if Gus asked him about it. 
Shit; something is happening here.

Gus was so passionate about the wildlife around him. He carefully treaded around the streambank, taking great care not to step on anything alive. He only walked on dirt or rocks, never touching moss or grass or insects. It was only when he found a beautifully bright green caterpillar and rushed over to show the smiling Matt, that Mattholomule finally realized what this strange feeling was. Admiration (mostly), and love. 

Gus set the caterpillar down, and walked a little bit ahead to a scanty clearing ahead. He looked up into a nearby tree, spying a bird's nest.
And Matt decided to take the leap.
A leap which felt like running off of a cliff and diving into water.

He walked up to Gus, smiling. He grabbed the other, hoisting him up and spinning him around in the air. Gus flailed a bit, then calmed. Matt stopped spinning him, but held him up so Gus' face was much above his in the air. 
"Wh- Matty what the hell? Why are you-?" he neglected to finish his sentence. Did Matt actually feel the same? No, no way.
Maybe.

"I just realized I love you, and it feels amazing." 

You can imagine Gus melting on the spot. Go ahead, I give you permission.
Well, he didn't exactly melt, rather than turning into a blushing stuttering and incomprehensible mess.
Matt set him down, thinking he did something wrong.
"Shit I shouldn't have done that," he said, panicking. He started to back away, but Gus almost jumped forward with rejection of Matt's movement. 
"No! You didn't do anything wrong-" his face glowed a bit with the blood flowing to his cheeks. 
He grabbed Matt's wrist.
"I do too.." he finished, just above a whisper.
He pulled closer as his hand snuck to the back of Matt's neck.
Matt stood a higher on the soles of his shoes.
Their lips touched to the other.

And sparks lit up inside them.

[پایان]

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

[854 words] 

I hope you liked that. i kept imagining this as fuckin johnlock because i am a CHILD who is currently brainrotting, thank you very much. anyways have a good day you are beautiful. <3

-Marcel