16

"You ready for this shit show? I will apologize for my family now

"You ready for this shit show? I will apologize for my family now. They are a bit...well...family-like I suppose," Austin says taking her hand in one hand and her bag in the other.

"Are they huggers?"

"Bear huggers."

Trixie takes a breath and nods then Austin opens the front door and steps inside. She does not know what she was expecting, but the inside of the house is normal and well-lived - just a normal family home. Three excited dogs come running at them excitedly and Austin drops her bag putting his hand out to stop them from literally taking Trixie out. His hand is not much help as they just run around and under it, so within seconds, she has three sets of snouts sniffing her and three tails smacking her legs as they shake their tails wildly. "Calm down, fucking hell," Austin warns them. They ignore him. "Dad! Jodie! Your fucking dogs!" he shouts into the house as he pulls one off a now giggling Trixie who has managed to squish one of the big dog's faces between her palms as she coos at him. "Hello sweet boy," she says. "Don't give that one any attention, he will become attached and never leave you alone," Austin warns as he grabs the other dog by its collar too. "But I love him. He is so cute," she coos again. "He is a dick, don't let him fool you," Aystin says as he tries to hold off the two other dogs.

An older man and a woman suddenly appear and each grabs a dog from Austin who then grabs the dog Trixie has been fussing over and drags him away from her then all three of them disappear down the passage while dragging the dogs with them. Trixie is left alone and is now not sure what to do. A guy appears at the top of the stairs and freezes with his eyes wide. Then he groans. "Oh, please tell me you are not Austins girl," he begs.

"Uh...sorry?"

"Aww, man! You have an accent? This is such bullshit," he complains as he stamps down the stairs to her. He looks like he just might cry. "I am single, just so you know...and the better brother. If you are with Austin against your will blink twice."

Trixie smiles and blinks twice. Austin's brother's face lights up and he smiles wide. He has the same happy smile Austin has. "You stick by me and I will get you out of that loser's nasty claws. I am Mitch by the way and you are fucking beautiful. Damit," Mitch says pulling her into a hug. "Thank you," Trixie says with a little laugh. "Hands off," Austin says coming back into the entryway. "Just remain calm. I will get you out soon," Mitch whispers with a wink as Trixie lets out a soft laugh and Austin glares. "Sorry, they just get over-excited when guests arrive. I am Jodie, Austin's stepmother," Jody says coming up behind Austin and pulling Trixie into a tight hug. "And I am Rich, Austin's dad," Rich says pulling her into a hug when Jody lets go. Austin really was not kidding about them being huggers. "Hi," Trixie says, feeling a little shy.

"I am busy making dinner, Austin, take Trixie to get settled in and Dad will call you when dinner is ready. Please just make yourself at home Trixie," Jodie says, her smile rather comforting. "Thank you," Trixie says softly. Austin takes her by the hand and walks her up the stairs. When she looks back and sees all three of Austin's family members staring at her, a mix of shock and awe on their faces - she smiles timidly at them and then faces forward. "I think they are all a little weary of me," Trixie says as Austin pulls her down a small tight passage full of pictures of Austin and Mitch as young boys. Austin opens a bedroom door that has a big poster of a wolf on it and a sign that says - No Entry Mitch -. "Baby, you are quite a lot to take in at first sight. Besides, I think they are more shocked that I have managed to catch someone like you than anything else. They have only ever experienced those 'pick me' girls from me. You would be the first lady they have ever been introduced to," he says placing her bag on his bed and closing the door.