Woe is the lonliest number -part 2

Third person pov
"How could you lose a dead body?"
You and Wednesday we're talking to the sherif about what happened with Rowan.
"Because there wasn't one"
The sheriff was telling you both what he had found at the scene.
"No footprints, no blood, no sign of a struggle. Nothing, nada.
My search party looked all night."
"Well your search party must've left their seeing eye dogs at home"
Wednesday was sure they had missed something. You on the other hand were in shock. Your now ex boyfriend was dead. You knew how he treated you wasn't right, but toxic love is still love.
"I saw the monster kill Rowan right in front of me"
Wednesdays voice snapped you from your thoughts.
"You get a good look at this monster thing?"
The sheriff questioned. At this point you we're starting to get agitated.
"It didn't stick around for a chat."
You said in a cold tone. Maybe Wednesday was rubbing off on you.
"Maybe it was one of your classmates."
"Sheriff, I find that question offensive."
Weems finally spoke.
"I don't care, 'cause I got three other dead bodies in the morgue.Hikers just ripped apart in the woods."
The sheriff countered.
"The mayor said those were bear attacks."
You said questioningly.
"Well, the mayor and I disagree on that"
As the sheriff spoke weems glared at him.
"So you automatically assume a Nevermore student is the murderer, even though there's no evidence a crime was even committed."
She defended her school but the sheriff had enough.
"I'm sorry. I forgot, you only teach the good outcasts here, right?"
If you knew any better you'd say they had a past.
"My guess is Rowan ran away.
State troopers have put out an alert, and I've contacted his family, but they haven't heard from him either."
Stated the sheriff. You scoffed at his statement.
"Dead people are notoriously bad at returning calls"
Wednesday said in her normal monotone voice. It sent shivers up your spine and made your heart pound in your chest. You knew this feeling. One that you associated with when you first met Rowan. You were falling for her. You felt bad of course, your ex having died the day before but had you two really been together? It hadn't felt like you were actually in love since the first 4 months of you and Rowan dating.
"What were you doing out in the woods with him, Ms. Addams and Ms. (Y/l/n)?"
Weems questioned. Wednesday replied for you both.
"We heard a noise in the forest and went to go investigate.
That's when we stumbled upon the attack."
"Then what happened?"
"Then y/n passed out and I ran into Bianca Barclay, and I told her to go for help."
You decide to put your word in so it doesn't seem suspicious.
"Next thing I remember, I was awaking in the infirmary."

Y/n pov

"And just to be clear, this monster wasn't a bear or some other wild animal?" The sheriff questioned.
"I've hibernated with grizzlies.I know the difference." Wednesday replied in her usual monotone voice.
"Thank you, Sheriff."
Weems steps in,
"I think Miss Addams is done now."
"Actually, I would like to speak to Sheriff Galpin. Alone."
Wednesday says.
"I'm not sure I can allow that."
"I'm sure I could take her to the station and get a formal statement."
Says the sheriff. There is a moment of silence before he starts to get up.
"Yeah, let's go."
"Fine."
Weems says defeated.
"You have five minutes, and everything is off the record.
Play nice... or I will call the mayor." She says as she leaves the room. I follow after and head back to my dorm. It's a lot to process. My ex boyfriend was dead. I knew him. He may have hurt me but at some point he was the sweet Rowan I fell in love with. The Rowan before he went mad, the power messed with his head. I got to my dorm and collapsed on my bed. The whole situation hit too close to home. Jinx jumped up, settling on my lap as I let out an exhausted sigh, tears that I didn't even realize were there, streaming down my face. Suddenly a text from Enid pings on my phone.
(Enid) (y/n)
Hey I'm getting ready for the poe cup! Wanna help pain the canoe??
Sure. Be there in 10.
See ya then y/n/n

I get up, shooing jinx off my lap, and walk to the bathroom. I wash my face and get changed and suddenly I get another text.
(Xavier)
I thought you said Rowan was dead?
He is???
Apparently not.
(1:image)

My heart drops. It's Rowan.. he's back. I send a quick text to Enid, letting her know I will be a little bit longer than planned but I'll be there in an hour.

(Enid)
Oki doki sunshine! Whatever works for you!🤗

I have to talk to Wednesday.

Author note
(Sorry for the slow update I was sick. Love you all 🥰)