--7--

Gen's POV 

I sighed, looking back at the message I had to send to Senku. Unfortunately my manager booked in an extra television appearance while I'm in Tokyo, meaning I won't make it back in time for the summer festival. My heart sunk as io closed the message revealing my home screen that was from Senku and I as children. Out of all the pictures I could have chosen, it was the one from the summer we met. I had never met such a forceful child, pestering his way into my life and though he's young then me, when he towers over me, I can't help but feel my knees become weak. 

From being around each other non-stop as children to now being sat in my dressing room alone waiting for my next interview. It it wrong for me to feel this way about someone younger then me? "Gen," a knock from the door with a softly spoken voice calling out to me brought me back into reality. I turned to see the stage assistant. !You'll be on in about 5 minutes, can you come with me to the stage please?" 

I nodded, getting up to follow her, putting my phone in my pocket as we made our way. 

 The closer we got to the stage, the laughter and cheer of the audience got louder. What I couldn't give for the quietness of my my small apartment and Senku blabbering on about his latest school experiment. I sighed, stepping out to the stage being presented by the host as I took my seat, smiling and waving to my fans. Senku, you watching? Probably not. 

The conversation went as normal, talking about show dates and how my career I progressing but then the host said something I wasn't sure how to answer; 'So how is your love life going?" I opened my mouth, nothing deciding to come out so I decided to keep close it again. The host giggle as he continued to speak, "I assume that means you have someone special." 

Come on Gen, keep up appearances. "At this moment in time, I'm not currently seeing anyone," the audience gasped, expecting that I would most like be flooded with women. "What can I say, there are too many beautiful women to just choose one." 

Oh that hurts to say. Don't get me wrong, women are beautiful but none compare to Senku. "Is there no special person for you?" The host pressured me for an answer. 

I smiled, trying to think of the best way to answer this. "Even if there is, which I'm not saying there is," I began to say, with a slight playful ness in my voice. "I wouldn't want to put that person in the public eye. What would happen between that person and I, would be our own personal business." 

That answer seemed to keep them happy. The rest of the interview went well, the questions asked felt less intrusive but I shall need to ask my manager when booking interviews if they can refrain from relationship questions. Though I was impressed with myself and the answers I gave. Afterall, I didn't want to admit the real reason I'm not in a relationship is to keep a promise to a certain science obsessed high school student.