Chapter 1

Fire. Fire is all I can see. I can hear people screaming as the flames engulf them and swallow them whole.

Next thing I know I'm swept into a strong pair of arms. The arms carried me quickly away from the scary scene and screaming voices.

Looking up I couldn't see the man's face, but I could see that he was covered in blue and red, with a hint of yellow.

************

I shoot upwright in bed, sweat covering my body. That dream was all I could remember of that dreadful night when my parents died. It was all just one big hazy memory buried deep, and I couldn't completely reach it.

I sigh as a I look over at the alarm clock beside my bed. 5:37 AM. Great. The stupid dream just interupted my whole sleeping schedule. After a few moments I gather all my physical and mental will and drag myself away from my nice warm bed and turn on the light in my room.

I make my way over to my bathroom and look at myself in the mirror. I see a petite blond with piercing blue eyes and cute dimples even though she looks like she's half asleep (which I am). I look about 16, but some think that I am younger because of my size. Anyone who knows me knows that, what I lack in size, I make up for in mouth.

My hair looks like it got into a fight with my pillow and the pillow won. I slowly start to wake up as I dragged my hair brush through my tangled hair. After making an attempt at trying to tame my hair I hop into the shower to wash the sweat off from my dream attack. After I got out I continue with my daily routine of straightening my slightly wavy hair, and brushing my teeth.

After putting on a cute outfit consisting of a white cropped sweater, black sequined scalloped shorts, my favorite Tom Ford heels, and cute Kate Spade earrings, I walked out to the kitchen.

It was already around 7 AM so dad was up and making coffee. I welcome the nice, comforting smell even though I never actually drank the coffee.

"Hey kiddo, what are you doing up so early?"

"Don't ask," I replied grumpily. "I'm not that happy about it myself." He just chuckled and returned to his newspaper and coffee.

******

Every morning it was the same thing, I would eat my chocolate muffins that we got from the market, along with a nice large glass of milk. While I ate my muffins dad would heat up some bacon and make himself scrambled eggs. After we finished our breakfast dad would then drive me to school and himself to work.

He was making his way up as a star reporter. His articles were becoming more famous and he was finally making a name for himself. I loved my dad. He always worked hard for the things he wanted and was always there for me when I needed him. He was the best dad someone like me could have.

When I was little, around 1 or 2, my parents died in a fire and I was an orphan. When I was at the lowest point in my life (not that I could personally remember), without a family, without a home, and without anyone to love me, my dad came and saved me. He has been saving me ever since. He was and is my hero. And I will always love him.

*******

Author's Note: Hi, guys I hope you liked this chapter. I know that it probably sucks and really dashes around a lot. This is my first fanfic/story so I want to make it good. If you see any errors, see something that just doesn't make sense, or have any questions just comment and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Thank you guys for reading!

I just want to add another disclaimer that the majority of the characters that I will be using are DC Comics characters and I do not own them. I only own the plot and Hilary.